Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

16 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Burt Young, no doubt best known for playing Paulie in the Rocky franchise, has passed away at 83.

Proper recognisable character actor who showed up in all sorts of stuff. I remember him appearing in Chinatown, The Gambler, Convoy and a bunch of other great films in the eighties and nineties. 

Him passing away has also reminded me of Bright Angel, an excellent, little-seen film where he plays a deranged criminal rather well, which I'd recommend people check out.

RIP. 

I feel like I’ve jinxed him after starting the “they’re still here” thread.

infucking love me some Burt Young. Did a great turn in the Rockford files

• Paid Members

She always looked like she was having so much fun hamming it up as Camilla in The Windsors.

5 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67172672

Haydn Gwynne of Drop the Dead Donkey, The Windsors and Billy Elliott fame has died at 66.

Very sad me and my fiance weirdly know and are friends with the brother of Stephen Tompkinson (he's the lollipop man for the other nearby school and we see him daily) he has been telling us they were doing rehearsals for the live drop the dead donkey show and tour that was set to happen next year so this is a huge shame to hear 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Very sad me and my fiance weirdly know and are friends with the brother of Stephen Tompkinson (he's the lollipop man for the other nearby school and we see him daily) he has been telling us they were doing rehearsals for the live drop the dead donkey show and tour that was set to happen next year so this is a huge shame to hear 

My mum was going to try and get tickets, but I'd imagine it'll be at the very least rewritten and postponed if not shelved completely. 

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mum was going to try and get tickets, but I'd imagine it'll be at the very least rewritten and postponed if not shelved completely. 

I will imagine it will have to be rewritten if they don't decide to scrap it completely which would be a shame I was actually looking forward to that, nice late nineties sketch show throwback. Not many of those you could bring back and do in 2023 lol 

31 minutes ago, Chili said:

Gwynne was actually the only cast member not doing the stage revival. The advert was on one of my socials the day or so prior coincidentally and she isn't in it. Everyone else though.

Well, one of the main characters Henry Davenport is dead, so I imagine he’s not doing it.  And he was one of the best characters.