Bathroom Habits

Nick James

• Paid Members

Now that I have gotten your attention with a thread header that could potentially be about shitting, unfortunately, it is not. This is more around Bath, Shower or any other method of bathing / cleansing.

Which do you prefer? 

For me, there's nothing better than shutting the door, flicking the lock and slowly sinking into a bath that is about the temperature of the inside of a McDonalds apple pie. Having to crack the window to let a little cold air in to cool you down and just sitting there having some peace from the kids and chaos of downstairs. Before cleansing and rejoining the real world to become more stressed than I was walking up the stairs.

It's my one bit of alone time each day and I cherish it with everyone.

So, do you enjoy a bath? Do you enjoy a shower and think baths are for mucky bastards sitting in their own filth? Do you have a spa bath (Tory)? Or do you prefer to wash in a puddle in the back garden? There is no wrong answer , well, maybe the puddle.

Edited by Nick James

I’ve literally in the last 20 minutes been demoted to tap end by my little lad so bath times for me are sacred, rancid affairs where I need a shower afterwards. It’s also my little lads favourite time of day and even if the little bath pissing shit head has had a bath he’ll still jump in mine after work and fill it with all sorts of uncomfortable plastic objects, and piss, always piss. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Now that I have gotten your attention with a thread header that could potentially be about shitting, unfortunately, it is not.

:(

After 20+ years of exclusively showers, have recently started having a bath on a Sunday. Usually balancing the laptop precariously above the cistern so I can watch the snooker. It's lovely.

I blame my Gran for making me miss out for so long. Growing up, she used to run the bath to about 98 degrees and it was agony. I haven't got a fucking clue what she was trying to do to me.

• Awards Moderator

Showers all the way. Mine was knackered a few years back and I had to wait days to get it fixed, so had to resort to baths.

Told one of the girls in work of the situation and she recommended ‘getting a bottle of Radox’ to make it more enjoyable. I was unaware that you’re not meant to put the whole bottle into the bath and ended up in an early 2000’s Aiya Napa foam party.

ACA62C8D-C588-4FA0-96A6-F6E2EC0C9D09.thumb.jpeg.4ffda48a774102afeb08c636a5bff812.jpeg

So, yeah, showers.

I only have a bath in my flat and would love to have a shower instead. The landlord accidentally flooded my bathroom last year and hasn’t sorted it so I might see if I can get him to put his hand in his pocket and fix it with a new bathroom but put a shower in instead. 

• Paid Members

I used to have a bath once a week as a kid, but I much prefer how quick and easy a shower can be. Unfortunately our shower's broken at the moment, so I'm making do with filling the sink and having a wash like that. Baths are so time consuming. 

• Paid Members

Was exclusively showers up to about a month ago when I decided I needed to de-stress more and the weather got colder. Now I have a bath nearly every night, lights out, candles on and a podcast or something to keep me entertained. Sit and soak for half an hour. 

Generally I prefer a very hot shower. From time to time I like a bath, usually when I'm a bit achy or its particularly cold out. I've been trying to make time to have a bath for a few weeks now but with two very young children, it's pretty much impossible. Annoyingly, the thermostat in the shower at our new house it s a bit crap and only does one temperature - which is no where near hot enough for me. We need to get the bathroom redone so we can get a shower with an adjustable temperature setting again. Budget is quite tight with me being on maternity leave and we need to find someone to do it. I'd hoped to have it done over the summer but it didnt happen.i miss hot showers.

• Paid Members

Shower if I just need to get clean, bath if I need to relax.

I too like to have the bath as hot as is humanly possible, so whenever it's practical, I'll add a few inches of hot and cold mixed to a tolerable temperature, and then get in and let it fill around me with purely hot water so that I become acclimatised to it as it fills. I can watch a full episode of Blakes 7 and it'll still be steaming when I get out. 

There are many different flavours of Radox in the cupboard, but even with a sensible sized dollop, it creates far too many bubbles for my liking.

• Paid Members

Definitely more baths than showers during winter. Our gaff is lovely but it's quite old, so in the summer it's baking hot but it's like an igloo during winter. Baths to warm up the body are just what the doctor ordered and also a good way to de-stress. 

I will occasionally stick my bonce under the showerhead and stay there for several seconds and pretend I'm underneath a majestic waterfall in a tropical setting like the Carribean, Tahiti, Puerto Rico, the Centre Parcs at Elveden Forest or the Reef Leisure Centre on the Norfolk coast. 

In poundsaver mode i actually find if i have a bath then i dont need the central heating on as much. I’m sure the cost of heating the bath is prob the same though…

A good epsom salt bath i find good, if my muscles are sore.

Tried the good shower stuff for a bit but didnt feel any benefits to be honest.

I also shave in the shower.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

I also shave in the shower.

Something wrong with the pipes at my new place which means it blocks if I'm giving the chaps a prune in the shower. Resigned to having an undercarriage like David Bellamy or buying plughole unblocker each month for the rest of my life.