Favourite silly things in wrestling

Chris B

• Paid Members

Whenever a dastardly heel gets confronted by a baby face and immediately begs off, starts apologising, etc. Even in a segment as horrible as Warrior’s WCW debut, I’ll still chuckle at Hogan going “I thought you were dead” and hurriedly taking his shirt off to try and get Warrior to join the NWO.

Also the Dark Order. Just daft fun. Most of their best stuff was on Being The Elite, though the angle where Silver proposed to Hangman on Dynamite was great.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, Supremo said:

Brandon Cutler trying to distract Luchasaurus with a flare. I think about that all the time. Inspired.

Not seen this, that sounds brilliant. Not a massive fan of scripted wrestling humour, find it to be too forced and/or obvious punchline stuff. But that, that sounds a touch on the cleverer side!

I find it hilarious that wrestlers in the 80s and early 90s would flex their muscles for the go-home line of their promos.

Think about that for a second. Cutting promos into a camera is hilarious enough on its own, but flexing your muscles as you push out the last few words from your mouth is just hilariously daft and unique to wrestling.

Example of what I mean is when Bulldog says "so listen good" here:

• Paid Members
On 11/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, theringmaster said:

Getting knocked out by a Championship Belt, how that has become a deadly weapon in wrestling is genius.

I enjoy how being hit with a boot someone has removed and is brandishing like a weapon is often portrayed as more damaging than being kicked by said boot whilst actually being worn.