Chris B

10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

The saddest part of all of this is Punk had clearly pre-planned this little rant. Two weeks prior he's quoted as saying the All Out media scrum will be "interesting", he immediately targets someone who knows Colt, brings him up straight away and then says "you blew my spot" when the guy says he and Colt aren't friends.

Instead of talking to people like an adult and handling it professionally this sad cunt was probably planning and practicing a public tirade in the bathroom mirror at home for the past 2 weeks.

Spot on. Punk is the last wrestler I ever really truly gravitated towards at the level of Bret/Austin and its such a shame to see what's become of it all. 

Even if he's in the right with the claims he made, the way he's gone about it is absolutely mad. Very strange times in AEW at the moment and like the fact they have tried a little soft reset with relevant titles etc. Imagine being a fan who just watches the shows and pays no attention to backstage and dirtsheets, you'd wonder what the fuck has happened after the ppv! 

• Paid Members

For all his faults, I’ve got a lot more time for Tony than most. He created my favourite promotion in forever and made wrestling more fun than it has been since I was a kid. Plus, sometimes he knows what I want better than me. I was half tempted to fast forward that Acclaimed match at the PPV because I had such little interest in it, then it ended up being a Match of the Year contender. Fair play. 

This GIF is the best though. Real “If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two,” energy.

6F009891-3007-4E2D-894F-457B29473720.gif.7d0654f9075bc47419312e94773be744.gif

“EWR did not prepare me for this!”

On 9/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Let's be generous as to Punks POV. He was sat in his locker room, tired and in pain. The door is closed and locked.

Then The Elite, 3 people he just insulted in a press conference, shoulder open the door while being accompanied by multiple people. 

It would take very little in the way of raised voices for that to seem aggressive, and I have zero doubt that there were raised voices. Punk, outnumbered by people getting aggressive strikes first because it feels the best way to not be beaten down by a group getting aggressive with him. 

IF that's how it went down to Punks POV, you can see the self defence argument yeah?

I think this is in fact Punk's POV. I don't remember which news site reported it, but they said they heard from people on Punk's side that he felt he was about to get a 3-on-1 beatdown so came out swinging.

18 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I think this is in fact Punk's POV. I don't remember which news site reported it, but they said they heard from people on Punk's side that he felt he was about to get a 3-on-1 beatdown so came out swinging.

And then he saw the 2 heads of HR and the head of legal, who is also ostensibly the VP of the company and realised he was on for a 6-on-1 beat down and just decided to go full Butch and Sundance!

Get to fuck. Absolute weak sauce.

• Paid Members

I honestly can't imagine the Bucks in a fight, without them automatically going for a superkick and slapping their thighs. Omega is held together with Blu-tack and gaffer tape as well, maybe the head of legal was the most threatening of the lot. 

EDIT: Not really surprising...

Edited by Nick James