Chris B

• Paid Members

So what do we make of Omega telling the rest of the locker room that he wouldn't have hired 80% of them in a talent meeting? I wonder if there's some context missing there of if he just wanted to torpedo morale for a laugh. 

55 minutes ago, gmoney said:

So what do we make of Omega telling the rest of the locker room that he wouldn't have hired 80% of them in a talent meeting? I wonder if there's some context missing there of if he just wanted to torpedo morale for a laugh. 

I’d be worried about who he would’ve hired instead, seen as Michael Nakazawa has been stealing a living for the last 3 years purely by virtue of being Kenny’s mate.

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

It's something that's been out there since it happened. It seems to have mainly rattled those in Camp Cornette/Omega haters. With a 100 odd people on a roster it's not surprising some people would feel aggrieved

Per Won: Omega said he wouldn’t have hired eight out of ten people in the room, which was taken by some as a joke, but not by everyone.

renderTimingPixel.png

The report reads: Also surfacing was a story that at the company meeting called several weeks back that the part of the speech by Omega that was described as a pep talk and tough love but that some were irked by a line he said that eight out of ten of the people there he wouldn’t have hired.
He absolutely said the line. One version is that it was very clear when he said it he was being comedic, that he was looking at Will Ospreay when he said it, then said that he was just messing with Ospreay. Many laughed about it. Others took it as serious and there were those upset about it.
Several told us it was something totally misinterpreted and taken out of context but others didn’t like it.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’d be worried about who he would’ve hired instead, seen as Michael Nakazawa has been stealing a living for the last 3 years purely by virtue of being Kenny’s mate.

Define stealing a living. His role is backstage not in ring, other than the handful of matches he has had over the last 3 years.

• Paid Members

I was thinking earlier that Tony has become a bit more muted on Twitter than normal (To be expected given whats going on), but it makes you wonder at what point would he decide he doesn't need all of this shit and walks away? Surely at some point the love of it all must be outweighed by the amount of shit hes dealing with, especially with the Jags, Fulham and the other businesses he has on the go. 

I'm not saying this will happen or is due any time soon, but the man must have a breaking point with everything currently being on his shoulders. 

18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Define stealing a living. His role is backstage not in ring, other than the handful of matches he has had over the last 3 years.

What’s his role backstage? A quick Google seems to suggest it’s writing subtitles for the show’s showings on NJPW World, a job that some at New Japan could do themselves if they wanted, and “helping the Japanese talent”, something which they’ve already got plenty of other people for. AEW’s running doesn’t change one bit if he’s not there, they’re literally paying someone who they don’t need. I doubt he’s being paid much, but it’s money that could be used elsewhere

11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I was thinking earlier that Tony has become a bit more muted on Twitter than normal (To be expected given whats going on), but it makes you wonder at what point would he decide he doesn't need all of this shit and walks away? Surely at some point the love of it all must be outweighed by the amount of shit hes dealing with, especially with the Jags, Fulham and the other businesses he has on the go. 

I'm not saying this will happen or is due any time soon, but the man must have a breaking point with everything currently being on his shoulders. 

They’re not his businesses though, he’s part of a much larger team that operate them and there’s always someone else there who can pick up the slack. He doesn’t have that privilege with AEW

Edited by WyattSheepMask

43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What’s his role backstage? A quick Google seems to suggest it’s writing subtitles for the show’s showings on NJPW World, a job that some at New Japan could do themselves if they wanted, and “helping the Japanese talent”, something which they’ve already got plenty of other people for. AEW’s running doesn’t change one bit if he’s not there, they’re literally paying someone who they don’t need. I doubt he’s being paid much, but it’s money that could be used elsewhere

Name them then.

On the subtitling front. You're right in the sense that NJPW could have hired someone themselves. After all they do the Japanese commentary. They've got English and Japanese social media feeds. So NJPW already have someone under their employ that already do that job. Yet it's fallen to Nakazawa. The two companies would obviously have a better understanding as to why compared to those of us gleaning information from google.

• Paid Members
Just now, Infinity Land said:

Name them then.

On the subtitling front. You're right in the sense that NJPW could have hired someone themselves. After all they do the Japanese commentary. They've got English and Japanese social media feeds. So NJPW already have someone under their employ that already do that job. Yet it's fallen to Nakazawa. The two companies would obviously have a better understanding as to why compared to those of us gleaning information from google.

Also, pretty sure any agreement would include the show being edited by AEW before being sent to NJPW rather then Tony sending them the tape with a post it note saying “You fucking do it”.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also, pretty sure any agreement would include the show being edited by AEW before being sent to NJPW rather then Tony sending them the tape with a post it note saying “You fucking do it”.

Subtitles are almost always applied separately to the video file, so I think that's a moot point. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Vamp said:

Funking hell, imagine being Tony Khan right now. Punk broke your heart and now Omega's having a pop. 

He wanted to be WCW for a new era, and that’s exactly what he’s got on his hands. Like a bird shit on his car.