• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

MJF as the Breaking the Magicians Code chap was great and revealing it in a video rather than an attack was genius. Made him feel like an absolute megastar and made the Joker gimmick actually useful for once.

Absolutely this. I loved everything about the reveal. The, “leaked,” phone call. The way it was shot. The pop his scarf got. Brilliantly produced. Whole thing felt big time and completely different to what would normally happen. I half expected them to fade to black without them even returning to the arena. That would’ve been an amazing cliff hanger.

Not that any of that matters now, of course. Meltzer is now reporting there was a, “melee,” between Punk and the Bucks. What a fucking mental business this is. Imagine thinking a year ago when everyone was jumping ship to AEW that it would end up going the other way and WWE was now the place people wanted to work.

Edited by Supremo

9 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I’m intrigued what would be the negative people would have clung on to, if that media scrum (which cannot be defended at all) hadn’t happened.

No you're not.

We really need to start taking it on good faith and at face value when people love or loath something that's going on, here. 

When it's shit, it's shit. 

• Paid Members

We all knew that the true test of Tony's leadership was going to come when criticism started coming in, it's fine when it's all a bed of roses and for a good 3 years, it really has. Compelling storylines, some of the best in ring work around and a genuinely good feeling about the company. The last 6 months or so the criticism has started to slowly creep in and things have started unravelling.

Around the time Cody left you could see it starting. For all his Codyverse bollocks, he seems to genuinely have a great mind for the business and it makes you wonder if he was doing the grunt work backstage to keep things ticking over. A lot of people have said he mirrors Dusty in that respect.

It remains to be seen how big the outcomes of that media scrum will be or whether it's all a storm in a tea cup, but it will be interesting to watch unfold.

HHH must be pissing himself now after the 'developmental' comment was the talk of the town all weekend and now looks small fry in comparison. 

I don't watch AEW but to me it's a complete clash of personalities. Punk has always been know as serious, moody, quite private.

Like them or loath them, Omega/Bucks have always had that reputation as fanboys, clowns, chums of Meltzer. 

I not condoning Punk going off on a tirade but I've always thought this was bound to happen with AEW. The origin of AEW, friends booking their friends wrestling with their friends, being friends with Uncle Dave, no apparent authority, it was only going to hold them back in the long run. Especially with how big and diverse the roster is getting.

The thing with the Tony and what he should do is Tony wants to be everyones mate and while quite a few will like that considering the "walking on egg shells" culture in WWE, some will take advantage of that. 

Tony need to be a cunt, I'd be willing to bet that the locker room are on the Elite's side here and maybe TK needs to take note of that. 

• Paid Members

I adore the idea of Punk arguing/fighting with The Young Bucks after the presser, all angry and serious,  whilst Nick is still wearing the most ridiculous, obnoxious, bleached Hulk Hogan moustache. It’s the greatest BTE clip we’ll likely never see.

B57575E2-8BC3-43B7-B32D-3BB53F7200C7.thumb.jpeg.5916aa7ba599957e89297bfe221c44a3.jpeg

It's only when you see it happen like this that you realise how rubbish and unprofessional this would look if WWE let it happen, and it's the kind of realism many fans have been clamouring for years from them. 

Still, it's fundamentally supplementary content for now - the presser at least - and to be fair the section of AEW's audience that pump the most money into it seem to relish it even if it doesn't always seem that way. So who knows. I'm probably out of touch with it and what they want. I just know I used to think it was for me, but man these days I just want my wrestling to be 100% fictional escapism. 

Still, was a belter of a show in a belter of a weekend, let it be known. 

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I adore the idea of Punk arguing/fighting with The Young Bucks after the presser, all angry and serious,  whilst Nick is still wearing the most ridiculous, obnoxious, bleached Hulk Hogan moustache. It’s the greatest BTE clip we’ll likely never see.

B57575E2-8BC3-43B7-B32D-3BB53F7200C7.thumb.jpeg.5916aa7ba599957e89297bfe221c44a3.jpeg

Absolutely mad that we’re hearing reports of this dollop having a scrap with an actual UFC fighter and coming out unscathed.

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Absolutely mad that we’re hearing reports of this dollop having a scrap with an actual UFC fighter and coming out unscathed.

Lets not get carried away. Punk wasn't  a UFC fighter. He lost both fights. He's not Brock Lesnar lol.