Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Give how long ago the de Jong fee was allegedly agreed and now this, this window for United has been incredibly Spursy. I mean, they’re a fair few Moutinho/Damiao/Dybala from taking over in the ridicule league but still….

• Paid Members

Looking like Nunes is signing for Wolves today, I have absolutely no idea why United weren't all over that as a transfer!?

Top talent and just what United need (along with a commanding centre half, a right back, a left back, another midfielder and striker)

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Looking like Nunes is signing for Wolves today, I have absolutely no idea why United weren't all over that as a transfer!?

One of the online rags says this deal opens the door for them to swoop for Neves, how would you feel about that?

This is going to end up like 2013 when Man Utd are linked to or fail to sign Ronaldo, Modric, Bale, Fabregas, Fabio Coentrao, De Rossi, Vidal, Khedira, Ozil, Strootman, Eriksen, Isco, James Rodriguez.... and signed Fellaini. 

• Paid Members

For context, this was days after the EFL already apologised for the refs in our opening game (Hull got a pen they shouldn't have and we didn't have two we should).

Last night had one of our players sent off - this was right and Nige accepted that - but one of theirs headbutted the same player and that was only worthy of a yellow. Staggering that we won the game after being 10 vs 12 for half an hour.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

One of the online rags says this deal opens the door for them to swoop for Neves, how would you feel about that?

Lazy journalism.

I think even if United came in with the £70 million required, I'm not sure Ruben would want to leave anyway, especially for United.

Most respected links close to Neves suggest he wants his new contract sooner rather than later. His wife loves the City and has just got a job at New Cross Hospital (maternity ward I believe). It'll be Barcelona or Real that will prize our Ruben away. Don't think it'll help United's cause pissing off Uncle Jorge's biggest client in then going on to get Neves.

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, seph said:

Staggering that we won the game after being 10 vs 12 for half an hour.

Ahhh, fond memories of Man City yobs singing “12 men, and the linesmen too” after beating Spurs, shuffling off to their griefholes in Ardwick/Beswick.

I don't think the standard of refereeing has declined so much as it's now more visible due to enhanced television coverage. The infrastructure in Scotland is shockingly bad at bringing through referees to the top level. I've read similar comments today from English grassroots referees on the back of Pearson's comments.

It doesn't help that people genuinely believe a referee can be biased against their team or purposely cheat them out of a win. That's stoked up by media coverage and the style of football reporters we have. Just this weekend I've seen people with a sizeable social media following claiming the ball has to be played forward for a player to be offside. Being so fundamentally incorrect should automatically bar you from holding any opinion on referees to be honest. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

Just this weekend I've seen people with a sizeable social media following claiming the ball has to be played forward for a player to be offside. Being so fundamentally incorrect should automatically bar you from holding any opinion on referees to be honest. 

When was the last time an offisde has been called on a sideways or backward pass? I actually can't remember.

8 hours ago, seph said:

When was the last time an offisde has been called on a sideways or backward pass? I actually can't remember.

It's fairly rare but Rangers second goal at Vs St Johnstone last weekend was an example albeit the goal stood when it shouldn't have.