Renting is fucking shit isn't it?

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Our ordeal is over and the woman, her huge dog and her hulking Poundland gangster boyfriend moved out during the middle of the night a couple of nights ago. So we're moving next door. I really wish I'd known this 4 months ago or I wouldn't have spent hundreds of quid travelling to viewings and being rejected at every turn. Just huge sympathies to anyone going through this right now, even if you're a Marvel fan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Didn’t know the best thread to put this in, so here goes.

I live in an apartment block. Obviously with the recent weather I’ve had the balcony doors open but my downstairs neighbour likes smoking weed. I mean, really likes it. All day.

I’m all for people doing what they want so long as they’re not hurting anybody else but what’s the best way to broach this with my neighbour? Because it’s far too hot to have to shut my doors due to the smell.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Didn’t know the best thread to put this in, so here goes.

I live in an apartment block. Obviously with the recent weather I’ve had the balcony doors open but my downstairs neighbour likes smoking weed. I mean, really likes it. All day.

I’m all for people doing what they want so long as they’re not hurting anybody else but what’s the best way to broach this with my neighbour? Because it’s far too hot to have to shut my doors due to the smell.

Side-tangent: it's always odd to me how many weed smokers don't seem to consider it smoking. Like I live in a building where someone goes outside to smoke cigarettes but stays indoors to smoke weed.

7 minutes ago, neil said:

Side-tangent: it's always odd to me how many weed smokers don't seem to consider it smoking. Like I live in a building where someone goes outside to smoke cigarettes but stays indoors to smoke weed.

Because smoking weed is something you want to do in the comfort of your own home?

Also they both smell horrendous but cigarette smoke indoors is grim as fuck.

I can't think of anything worse than smoking and being stoned outside, even if it was just out the block. 

I want to be on my sofa with a personal Tops pizza, playing Pro Ev 3 and waiting for South Park to come on. Yes, its 2002. 

• Paid Members

Buy him a vape, YFS. The Volcano seems a decent starter kit: https://herbalizestore.co.uk/products/volcano-hybrid

You don't have to deal with the smell, he gets a more efficient and healthier way to get melted and will save a lot of money on weed in the long run (with the prices of energy and gas right now he might be struggling anyway). Everybody wins.

20 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Are you mental? In nature is the ultimate place to be when blockup.

Sorry I worded it badly. In nature, surrounded by it with no one else around, yeah lovely. 

Outside in an urban environment with loads of horrible humans everywhere and the jizzm monkeys and the skunk pussies and the filth....nah.

• 1 month later...

So I've moved. (30th time in 37 years)

Actually, a better word for it would be relocated. Long story short, but as a family we always wanted to move further south as we got older (cheaper, countryside etc) and we were always planning to do it this summer.

But about a year ago, my exes house was up for renewal, her commute was mad, so we agreed as a family that they would move down early and I would follow.

Now this was ridiculously hard as I went from seeing the girls multiple times a week to once every two, three, sometimes four weeks due to distance (about 60ish miles) They also had to move schools and leave their friends and handled it incredibly, something I am immensely proud of them for.

But we said it wasn't forever, and that it was short term pain. But due to me being tied into my flat, there not being a massive amount of properties around, and my job, it took much longer than expected.

Well I moved today and to say I'm happy is an understatement.

I've moved to a wonderful little place (not far from Southampton and Portsmouth) bang in the middle of the village, and 10 minutes from the girls.

It's a proper quaint little place, and it has some wonderful cafes, a proper chippy, and a few decent pubs too.

Plus lots of fields to run the dog round, and I'm paying £300 less than what I was paying (£600 less than what they wanted to market the flat at)

So yeah, we are really all very happy, and 'together' as a family again. The only issue is I have to find a new group of people to play football with, not easy as an adult. It actually scares me a little bit that I dont know anyone here, but it is what it is.

I know Southampton and Portsmouth pretty well, but if anyone has any hints or tips for anywhere around the Hampshire area (towns, trails, pubs) then do let me know as I'd love to go out and explore at the weekends.

Also, look at these cool ruins in the village, dating back to the 1300s.

Would've loved to have grown up here and had this as my smoking spot. 

spacer.png

spacer.png