Toast, toasters, toasties and toasting. And microwaving for some reason.

SuperBacon

• Moderators
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Ive never once in my entire time upon this earth known anyone who puts the toaster away/gets it out. It has pride of price in permanent residence by the kettle for everyone,surely?

My toaster and kettle are always out of course because I'm not insane, but they don't live next to each other. Toaster is on the counter that has the bread bin and the butter tray, kettle is on a different counter next to the tap under the cupboard with the tea and sugar in it.

If you don't use your toaster often enough to keep it out then you shouldn't have one; you should just use your grill. It's a convenience item with a singular purpose.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The toaster only comes out if the oven grill is broken. Can’t make cheese on toast in a toaster.

You would think that, but I know at least two people in my family who have unsuccessfully attempted it. One of which managed to cause smoke damage in their kitchen. This is the same lad who attempted to peel a carrot with one of these:

Johnson Brothers Eternal Beau Pie Server | We'll find it for you |  Chinasearch

10 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

You would think that, but I know at least two people in my family who have unsuccessfully attempted it. One of which managed to cause smoke damage in their kitchen. This is the same lad who attempted to peel a carrot with one of these:

Johnson Brothers Eternal Beau Pie Server | We'll find it for you |  Chinasearch

At my old job, someone put cheese into the toaster, which caused the smoke alarm to go off and we had to evacuate the building. Croque monsieur fail

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

£2 on Amazon apparently, so no. I'm sure they're not as good as the real thing though as there's no pressing action.

Guess it depends on the toaster. Mine squeezes a bit as you push the bread down. That said, I’ve used them before, years ago, and was fine but obviously not as a good as a sandwich maker or press.