Deals, deals, deals

Weezenal

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is really tempting. Surely it's a shit TV? Does anyone know?

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/amazon-fire-tv-omni-series 

https://uk.pcmag.com/tvs/141129/amazon-fire-tv-omni-55-inch

Sounds like it depends what you want it for. If it's not for anything too involved beyond streaming TV it's probably a very good deal. If you want it for something high-spec, or for top quality gaming, maybe less so. 

• Paid Members

Pretty tempted. My at the time student brother gave us the TV he'd wasted his loan on, after he'd moved home and we had our first born as a 'baby appropriate' present. It's still in the living room. She's now 9.

This should be a decent step up from that antique and at that price, right?

• Paid Members

Peacock (US) is currently $1.99 a month or $19.99 (£16) for a year. This includes WWE Network, so all the live PLE and also quite a few Premier League games and other sports. Loads of newly released TV and films too.

You'll need a VPN but I managed to sign up using my Monzo card and a random US Zip code.

• 4 weeks later...

Serious bargains on fresh vegetables at Tesco. 15p clubcard price for red cabbage, swede, broccoli, 500g bag of brussels sprouts, 500g bag of parsnips 800g bag of carrots, 2kg bag of all-rounder potatoes. And yes I do work there, and have the misfortune to work on fresh fruit and vegetables so I'm currently busier than a one-armed juggler with a sexually transmitted disease.

Edited by Tamura

• Paid Members

Yeh, a lot of supermarkets are doing massive discounts on veg as part of the "affordable Christmas dinner in the Cost of Living Crisis" drive - my local Aldi and Sainsbury's are doing that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mubi are offering Mubi Go for £99 for the year at the moment. You get one cinema ticket a week for a film of their choice (their most recent selections have been Godzilla Minus One, The Boy and the Heron and Priscilla so they usually choose well) and access to their whole site. Think it's great value, I'll easily pay that off with cinema tickets in the first six months alone, I reckon.

• Paid Members
On 1/6/2024 at 10:50 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Mubi are offering Mubi Go for £99 for the year at the moment. You get one cinema ticket a week for a film of their choice (their most recent selections have been Godzilla Minus One, The Boy and the Heron and Priscilla so they usually choose well) and access to their whole site. Think it's great value, I'll easily pay that off with cinema tickets in the first six months alone, I reckon.

I've bought this as well and was just coming into post it - when I saw you were the last post, I figured you were probably putting it in here before me. It's a particularly good deal considering Mubi is usually £12.99 and Mubi + Mubi Go is usually £18.99. I'm hoping it'll give me a push to go and see a few things I might not have got round to otherwise.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I've bought this as well and was just coming into post it - when I saw you were the last post, I figured you were probably putting it in here before me. It's a particularly good deal considering Mubi is usually £12.99 and Mubi + Mubi Go is usually £18.99. I'm hoping it'll give me a push to go and see a few things I might not have got round to otherwise.

The biggest interest for me is the tickets. I was expecting them to be offered on times of the day I would never be able to attend (anything that doesn't start before midday is no good) but the range of time they have for Priscilla this week impressed me. I guess it will be different for more obscure films but an added fact is that it's offering them for The Light and Everyman, which I really like going to - but the tickets are pricey compared to Odeon and Vue. So for me personally it's a cracking deal. The site is a very nice bonus.

• Paid Members
On 11/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, Weezenal said:

Peacock with US VPN currently have Peacock Premium Ad supported version for 0.99c per month for a year with code SAVEBIG. That's about 82p per month.

That includes WWE and Premiership.

50% off annual subscription at the moment. Works out about £23.50 for the year.