AEW to WWE, who should go the other way

Sheffbag

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The thing with Wardlow is once he ended up in WWE there'd be a danger that he wouldn't look as big and imposing as he does in AEW. Stick him in there with Lesnar, Lashley, or even Reigns and Big E and he'd just look like a buff fella. 

In AEW he's obviously massive but even when he's standing next to Shawn Spears who was a pretty standard sized person in WWE Wardlow doesn't actually look that big in comparison.

AEW will book Wardlow to his strengths but the WWE system doesn't work like that. He'll be expected to work long back and forth 50/50 TV matches every week like everyone else and he'll get lost in the shuffle and blend in with everyone else soon enough. That's not to say he wouldn't go though anyway, they'd probably give him a good offer.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That’s because Billy Gunn is fucking enormous 

He never looked too big in WWE though. 

4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He never looked too big in WWE though. 

Because WWE was still very much the land of the giants back then. He was probably at the larger end of the spectrum of guys they considered to be “smaller guys”

Bret Hart was considered small by the standards of the time, but even he was around 230lbs, which is massive compared to the modern day

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

In AEW he's obviously massive but even when he's standing next to Shawn Spears who was a pretty standard sized person in WWE Wardlow doesn't actually look that big in comparison.

It was like when Jurassic Express wrestled the Varsity Blondes on an episode of Dynamite. "Here comes the big man" says Excalibur as Luchasaurus comes in and stands eye to eye with Griff Garrison. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The thing with Wardlow is once he ended up in WWE there'd be a danger that he wouldn't look as big and imposing as he does in AEW. Stick him in there with Lesnar, Lashley, or even Reigns and Big E and he'd just look like a buff fella. He's certainly better built and more suited to being a "big guy" than Luchasaurus, but he'd be just another average sized guy in WWE. 

The Rhyno paradigm

• Paid Members

Rhyno had an intensity that was never really predicated on him being a "big man", though - he was booked as a little tank in ECW, not as someone that would tower over people and overpower them. Before his first neck injury, I always felt they translated that pretty well to WWE. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was like when Jurassic Expressed wrestled the Varsity Blondes on an episode of Dynamite. "Here comes the big man" says Excalibur as Luchasaurus comes in and stands eye to eye with Griff Garrison. 

Going off of what's online, he's 6ft 5. He's hardly small and his physique's not shit. Compared with who he's generally in the ring with, he is the biggest. Whilst everyone else flies about, he moves around more deliberately and adds a different dynamic. I like him.

27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Rhyno had an intensity that was never really predicated on him being a "big man", though - he was booked as a little tank in ECW, not as someone that would tower over people and overpower them. Before his first neck injury, I always felt they translated that pretty well to WWE. 

Yeah, I was thinking recently how Rhyno was one of my favourites when I first started watching WWF. He has a low centre of gravity and trunk legs and looked like he could be ready to hit the Gore at any time.

Edit: sorry, I misread the Luchasaurus part and the point. As I say he tends to be bigger than his opponents and still looks hencher than Griff Garrison but I get that him being the big man falls down more there especially with the commentary.

Edited by Sphinx

In all likelihood, the first "original" to make the jump, I imagine, will end up being a female wrestler. Frankly, as it stands, there's probably more of an opportunity for a female wrestler to be a featured player in WWE than there is in AEW. 

If I was Nyla Rose, for example, I'd fancy my chances in WWE. She's an excellent promo, and style wise offers something a bit different to what they currently have. I think she'd do well there. 

• Paid Members

I dread to think how Nyla would get treated in WWE. 

@Sphinxhe does have a unique look, and is bigger than most of the people in AEW, but he's not the monster powerhouse they always make him out to be on commentary. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

In all likelihood, the first "original" to make the jump, I imagine, will end up being a female wrestler. Frankly, as it stands, there's probably more of an opportunity for a female wrestler to be a featured player in WWE than there is in AEW. 

WWE hasn’t been this “not arsed” about the women since before Evolution. Push Charlotte, Becky draws, the rest is a total afterthought. They’ve let so many go despite being in a position now where we don’t know where they’re getting 30 from for the Rumble, the divisions are being stripped back rather than a focus for recruitment.

MJF has the verbals and carries himself like a star, so him for me. Except they’ll call him something else and never reference the Miz comment from grumpy Phil.

12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I hate to even have to ask this but do you think the WWE would hire her with her being transgender?

not gonna happen donald trump GIF by Election 2016

Edited by air_raid

Issue that WWE have is the schedule and the money you get in AEW is way more favourable. I don't see them ever getting one of the top guys unless they offered something utterly huge.

Jericho will go back at one point I'm sure. But you're looking more down the card for any switch.

11 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I dread to think how Nyla would get treated in WWE. 

@Sphinxhe does have a unique look, and is bigger than most of the people in AEW, but he's not the monster powerhouse they always make him out to be on commentary. 

I misread your post and get the point about the commentary. His character is predicated on the idea that he's big and powerful but can do some flying stuff too. For the majority of the time I think that it works well and it's about perception. Him moving around a bit slower and more deliberately and coming in and chokeslamming people all adds to the idea that he's bigger and doesn't look beyond his size. I guess because he's not huge it'll fall down sometimes. Drew McIntyre was like the same height as Kane but him being massive wasn't the selling point of his character.