AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

If you had Bryan at the top of the card constantly, you'd inevitably have people moaning about them pushing him over the homegrown stars anyway. So they probably can't win really.

But he's not there to be champion or one of the top guys. He's there to wrestle and if that's what he wants to do then better to invest time in others that want that more prominent role.

For Danielson I think there's some recency bias in how his run was received. From debut to Double or Nothing I thought it was a pretty high standard.

Omega, the World Title Eliminator, destryoing the Dark Order and Hangman matches (not a fan from establishing Hangman perspective), run up to facing Mox and a couple of months of he & Mox battering people, adding Wheeler Yuta and onto Anarchy in the Arena.

Gets a concussion and the wheels come off a little. There was the potential for something with him and Eddie Kingston which I think people would have loved to see. Unfortunately he got sucked into the JAS/ROH vortex for the back half of the year.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Again, he feels like he's above everybody else so he won't be wrestling for free on Dynamite. If you wanna see him in the ring, you pay for it.

Apart from his match with Ricky Starks in a couple of weeks.

And the Dynamite Diamond final if I understood correctly.

So not really.

Unsurprisingly, the lowest rated segment of the show was the Elite v Death Triangle. 

Whoever booked the Elites return needs to never book again. They had 3 hot faces and have totally botched it. No one wanted this best of 7 series, and no one cares. Omega and Bucks were still heeling it up the last couple of weeks too. Which makes no sense, much like the pointless Punk click bait crap of last week. 

Omega back challenging MJF the post PPV dynamite is where I'd have gone, and the Bucks could still have done a feud with the Lucha brothers for example .

One week back and I have little to no interest in any of it. Way to go Tony. 

Edited by Daddymagic

13 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

If you had Bryan at the top of the card constantly, you'd inevitably have people moaning about them pushing him over the homegrown stars anyway. So they probably can't win really.

But he's not there to be champion or one of the top guys. He's there to wrestle and if that's what he wants to do then better to invest time in others that want that more prominent role.

Nah, I don't think anyone with sense would bemoan Bryan being top of the card, likeable as a face and a great smarmy heel He was a bigger star than Punk in WWE, and if Khan brought him in (on big money presumably) to not to be a top guy then he's a moron.

Dicking about with the dullard BCC was beneath him, BCC was shite to begin with.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Daddymagic said:

Unsurprisingly, the lowest rated segment of the show was the Elite v Death Triangle. 

It was the last match of the show which almost always is the lowest rated segment of the show regardless of who is in it. It's usually why Dynamite front loads the episodes because the first hour gets higher ratings.

20221203_071752.thumb.jpg.55d9c7b7b33739981124a8572bd66b6c.jpg

LET'S FUCKING GOOOO

A dream match of mine. This could be match of the year. Perfect opponents. 

Edited by LaGoosh

Just watched the Jade Cargil segment from this week. I'll come off like an obsessed fan boy bringing this up but that promo and use of Bow Wow seemed like the start of brining in Sasha Banks. Not sure she is of course allowed contractually now but the references to "star aura" etc seem ripe for those two to face of. 

Will probably lead to everyone's least favourite anti hero Ruby Riot instead though.

Watching Joe fold Allin like an accordion will be fun.

Samoa Joe is actually proving to be good value in AEW.  He’s long, long past his prime and doesn’t have much in the tank but now he’s not in the Land Of Giants it kind of works as a veteran style.  Reminds me of Vader in about 2000, old and beat up but still dangerous.

Best to restrict him to 5 minute squashes, that’s always been his sweet spot anyway.

It’s odd to be complaining about matches I actually want to see, but I feel really deflated that AEW is putting on so many interesting matches with virtually no build. Even if they think FTR will be leaving, throwing away The Acclaimed match on TV on such short notice is such a disappointing waste. Short of MJF/Kingston, I think this is THE match I’ve been anticipating most in AEW. Why throw it out there so abruptly?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

It’s odd to be complaining about matches I actually want to see, but I feel really deflated that AEW is putting on so many interesting matches with virtually no build. Even if they think FTR will be leaving, throwing away The Acclaimed match on TV on such short notice is such a disappointing waste. Short of MJF/Kingston, I think this is THE match I’ve been anticipating most in AEW. Why throw it out there so abruptly?

Panicking about the ratings dropping and hot shotting matches for a quick bump is my guess.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Panicking about the ratings dropping and hot shotting matches for a quick bump is my guess.

I fear it's worse than that in that this has been planned. There was the 8 man tag where they teamed. There's been some teasing it in promos. It's not something that's entirely out of the blue.

The problem is that there's been no direct interaction between the two beyond the stare down. Dax was able to sell a PPV match against the Briscoes by himself. A match like this should have had weeks of build with them selling the importance of it. Instead those promos will be reduced to the Road To...youtube shows.

Maybe this is just the first step in a potential feud with twists and turns. Right now though it's worse than giving away Punk v. Mox on TV.

This may be a "hot take" but outside of that one lovely promo about his kid FTR are the absolute most boring face team, and Dax's singles matches have been fine I guess but hugely overrated and come across as nothing but exhibitions with it being far too obvious that they're going for a classic rather than having a contest with something on the line.

Edited by Merzbow