AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

This was probably my favourite AEW show in a long time. It reminded me of those early NXT Takeovers. 5 matches all with star power with the major advantage that it's done and dusted in two hours.

Watching The Acclaimed go from Dark nobodies to tag team champs has been a brilliant journey. And as Supremo mentioned, Swerve is becoming such a hateful heel bastard. That bloke is class.

I think the MJF shoot promo/walkout was a mistake, looking back. It's lead to him getting these huge pops when he's meant to be the biggest prick on the show. Poor Wheeler has worked hard to get the crowd onboard with him these past 6 months and he's there getting booed next to MJF. They should never be at the stage where MJF is getting cheered during a fucking Moxley vs Danielson match!

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

The internet just turned on The Pizza Guy that was on last week's episode, turns out he's a big antivax lad and supposedly lied about it and continued training with people.

Sometimes a Reddit AMA isn't a good idea.

Ah for fuck’s sake. Wrestling giveth with one hand, and with the other remindeth me that it’s wrestling and of course the guy’s a twat.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

The Acclaimed winning was a nice moment, just a shame the match was a bit of a mess, which didn’t hold a candle to their PPV outing. What the fuck happened midway through when Caster sold the leg rather than land the elbow drop? You could feel the air get sucked out of the room and they never truly got it back.

I think Swerve was on the floor and you saw him walking back to his tag position just after so thought he had maybe pushed him off the top but you couldn’t tell from the camera angle and commentary didn’t mention it but also don’t know whether that would sense with the way he landed.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

But is he anti-pineapple? That's the real cancelable crime.

Well you did ask…

‘While AEW superstardom may not be on his immediate horizon, Primo still has his pizza to fall back on. In an exclusive interview with Wrestling Inc, Primo offered his input on the never-ending debate regarding whether pineapple should ever be used as a pizza topping.

"The thing I don't like about pineapple on pizza is it's this big," said Primo, cupping his hands and spreading them in a vertical formation to mime the parameters of a pineapple. "[Its] got this crusty brown surface with those spikes on it. So how are you going to put that on a pizza? And the top is all – the green part is all spiky."

Primo was then asked to confirm that he was describing an actual raw pineapple.

"Yeah, why would you put that on a pizza?" he asked.

To the impartial observer, it would seem that Primo's pizza-making has yet to feature prepping a pineapple into a topping. 

"Right," Primo said. "I'm not sure if anybody's ever tried chopping it up before."

When informed that more pizza chefs might need to consider the concept of chopping pineapples for pizza toppings, Primo cheerfully noted, "Yeah. I'd be interested in seeing how it works.’’

Edited by burchybabi
-

Wow, what a disappointing show. The Acclaimed match fell off a cliff. All Out was their time. I agree with what was said earlier, I would have kept the belts on Swerve with him ratting the win. There's heat there to be built. It felt rushed/anti climactic.

Women's match was so bad as is the division. Great to see Paige though.

ROH title as a hot potato sucks. But good business call.

Gutted no Danielson win. A fresh look is needed at the top to move the company forward as much as I love Mox. God that's a negative post but just wasn't feeling it.

• Paid Members

I think, considering part of the reason the company is in the mess it's in, being due to them recently (twice) putting the title on somebody who immediately went and got injured - the mere thought of putting the belt on Danielson would have been lunacy. 

I may have been expecting Khan to choose to go that road, but this was absolutely not the time to be going with Danielson.

I think the better call overall would have been for MJF's chip to be a bye to the championship match, rather than giving Mox the belt when everyone knows he's a placeholder yet again for what's probably a matter of weeks. The winner of Mox/Danielson last night could have gone on to face MJF on whatever the next big show is (Toronto debut maybe?) For the still vacant title, rather than having Mox now be a lame duck, despite him having the year of his career. 

Edited by WeeAl

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

I think the better call overall would have been for MJF's chip to be a bye to the championship match, rather than giving Mox the belt when everyone knows he's a placeholder yet again for what's probably a matter of weeks. The winner of Mox/Danielson last night could have gone on to face MJF on whatever the next big show is (Toronto debut maybe?) For the still vacant title, rather than having Mox now be a lame duck, despite him having the year of his career. 

Whoever's MJF's first real title contender is going to fall into the same problem they all do, no one is going to believe in them.

Lame duck champion against MJF winning in front of his hometown crowd or champion MJF against lame duck title contender. Going into Full Gear I know which I would prefer.

Saw this on 411mania from Wrestlenomics. If you thought they couldn't do worse than ITV. Well...DAZN's been sniffing around. Which might well mean the end of both Fite and ITV in the UK.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/aew-has-had-negotiations-with-dazn-about-uk-media-deal/

About UK rights – AEW is still working, obviously, with ITV. UK fans will know very well that Dynamite and Rampage air on ITV on Tuesdays and Fridays. They’ve been bumped up to an earlier, better time slot lately. Tony Khan was tweeting about this earlier this week as well. I’m assured that AEW is very happy with ITV as their TV partner in the United Kingdom.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Saw this on 411mania from Wrestlenomics. If you thought they couldn't do worse than ITV. Well...DAZN's been sniffing around. Which might well mean the end of both Fite and ITV in the UK.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/aew-has-had-negotiations-with-dazn-about-uk-media-deal/

As much as we complain about the scheduling and time slots, ITV4 is available in nearly every part of the UK. That reach is impossible to replicate via an app. 

Saraya is a big name signing, no doubt, but it does mean that Jamie Hayter’s mini push is dead in the water.  Back to being henchwoman, and now no 2 Brit.  And that’s a real shame.