AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

55 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I see mental health advocate CM Punk began his sympathetic baby face "underdog" redemption promo segment last night by calling a random fan a fat virgin.

He really is a helmet isn't he.

he aimed it at eddie kingston

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/x31218/cm_punk_roasted_the_wrong_fan/

Edited by buba3d

• Paid Members

We're now at the point where each time Stokely wanders out with a business card, my thoughts turn to Bobby Heenan's gag at his HoF induction about "going through two or three pairs of shoes a night" because he "usually had to manage 20 or 30 guys".

Whilst I do still enjoy AEW a lot, the last few months have felt more than ever like  Tony is playing a game of Total Extreme Warfare in real life. "I'm bored with this... I know, I'll think up another belt, then scan the free agent list to sign a couple more people. Then I'll repackage a few openers, and group some more into a stable with a vague concept that I'll use heavily for a couple of shows then probably forget. Speaking of which - remember when I was pushing these guys? Wow, I barely notice they're there when I scroll down the roster list these days! This manager could take on 5 or 6 more clients too and... wait, I can use guys who tour Japan on a per appearance deal when they don't have shows over there?? Get in!!"

7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

The backstage chaos and social media sniping is working for sure. Real life issues generally bring out the best in pro wrestling, and as long as everyone is a professional in the ring and puts the fans first, long may it continue.

I do think the sort of chaotic nature of what's going on is helping AEW. I was intrigued by what they were gonna do post Punk squash. Its all over the place but in a really good way

I'm not sure the backstage stuff is the reason for the improvement which is slight. 

Lack of pop for Acclaimed talent meeting shows that the majority of fans aren't living on twitter needing to know what happens backstage. 

Stars brings the fans in, good stories keep them

Edited by Tsurutagun
Line showed up on the post for some reason. I blame Keith's obsession with TK

I don't know what the WON subscribers are like, but Fightful are targeting 10k sitting at just under 9k right now. Which is the largest Patreon based news feed going by the graphics out there.

I know there's the wider engagement from those that don't subscribe thanks to the subsequent clickbait, but it highlights how small a lot of the insider gossip can be. Especially as those are global numbers.