AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

His wcw theme was Turner stock music so  should be able to use that with no issues. A fan listed all of jerichos last themes and he replied saying he will be using one of them 

Ah I see, I just assumed because it was a Pearl Jam rip off it was a Jimmy Hart track, like DDPs and that's why it's replaced on the network. Good to know! 

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Ah I see, I just assumed because it was a Pearl Jam rip off it was a Jimmy Hart track, like DDPs and that's why it's replaced on the network. Good to know! 

It’s been a while since I read his first book, but he definitely said that he found out that his first theme was something from the Turner Sound Library after he heard it on some Basketball highlights while he was also using on Nitro.

”What music should we use for Jericho?”
“Give him ‘Basketball Highlights #2”

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It’s been a while since I read his first book, but he definitely said that he found out that his first theme was something from the Turner Sound Library after he heard it on some Basketball highlights while he was also using on Nitro.

”What music should we use for Jericho?”
“Give him ‘Basketball Highlights #2”

Thanks for that, perhaps it's his second theme which is the Jimmy Hart knock off, and his first WCW theme is the library music?

That’s the theme I was thinking of, the second would’ve been the Pearl Jam knockoff.

Regarding that first theme, I think he said it was similar to a Journey song, but I can’t remember which that would be off the top of head and I haven’t read the book since it was released. Still better than ‘Judas’

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

AEW have gotten back on track for the most part these past few weeks. Some hot stuff is going on, such as Jungle Boy & Christian, Starks/Danhausen/Hook/Hobbs, Moxley Vs Rush, Brodie King Vs Darby among some other things. 

Still a pile of decisions I'm not on board with, but that's to be expected I guess. There's more good than bad at the minute I think. I'm absolutely not a fan of Hangman and The Bucks getting back together so soon. I mean, Hangman only won the belt last November. Way too soon for that carry on. That's been sped up by the decision to start the long awaited trios titles and probably the decision to go with Hangman rather than Omega as the Trios guy and to put a returning Omega back into the singles division (the right decision as far as Omega goes). 

I also think they completely screwed the pooch by not booking FTR Vs The Young Bucks 3 for all the gold, as the PPV main event at All Out. Or second banana to Moxley Vs Punk if Punk makes it back. Instead the tag belts have dropped insanely low in the pecking order when you think that the tag champs, Swerve and Lee, are mixing with Tony Nese and some other fella I don't even know. To me, that telegraphs that the Bucks are winning the trios belts, otherwise the FTR match was a no brainer. 

Add me to the club of people who didn't like Danielson and the concussion selling last week. To close to real life considering what his issues are. The dumpster match was good fun and then the aftermath was a pile of bollocks. Obviously a tip off of the Outlaws/Funk&Foley angle, but Jesus if you're going to do a stupid stunt like that at least have it mean something. This was made to mean less than two flies fucking their way across a window. 

Ethan Page, Starks, Jungle Boy, Miro, Hook, Hobbs etc getting more focus again is good to see, and I like the look of Rush. Two matches in, and he has really impressed me. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wanked it off, surely?

I was maybe giving TS a bit too much credit there, thinking he was ready to take his game to the next level of depravity. 

They are gonna a have to start Losing all their belts at some point, be the wrong move to win the aew titles and then start losing, but then also wrong to win them after lots of loses elsewhere. Doesn’t feel the time for FTR 

4 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Let's hope they drop those straps in Japan before they come back then. FTR are too good to be fannying about over there for too long.

Tag Leagues usually a month long tournament, winners of the tournament get a shot at Wrestle Kingdom at the beginning of January so I could see them holding the belts til then.