AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

It feels like it will feed into Jade's open challenge for Dynamite. Which if true, they've jumped the gun on announcing.

Statlander and Athena should be front and centre for that.

Madison could have beat a baddie in her debut, and then Jade offers the title shot in a Thanos "i'll do it myself kind of way".

For someone who sure tried his hardest to do a promo like Terry Funk, Warner has some of the weakest looking punches I've seen. I don't think I've noticed them being so bad before, the match was fine I guess but it didn't get going enough to deserve both guys bleeding.

I feel bad for the women, fans shat on the match and only gave a shit when an actual star, Jade, came out after. Madison was always the least interesting of the Beautiful People, probably the best worker but that's not saying much.

I could probably stop watching Rampage each week and really miss nothing.

Edited by Merzbow

It's a strange little show is Rampage. I agree that it's become like a 'Heat' style show. I haven't watched an ep for a while and genuinely don't think I've missed anything of note. 

I feel like TK could rectify a few issues by potentially changing rampage into a weekly ROH show, if he's insisting on flogging a dead horse, at least let it have an hour a week as opposed to everyone on dynamite seemingly carrying around a belt that gets defended once every six years or summat daft. 

• Paid Members

Rampage is a self-fulfilling prophecy. They don’t put important stuff on it because not enough people watch it, and then people choose not to watch it because nothing important happens on it. I wish they’d try harder with it. Whenever the Dynamite energy bleeds over and they have a killer match or wild angle it always feels amazing. Broadcasting live always makes a difference too. Surely Tony has the money to go live every week.

Mox does it again. A Jon Jones walk-off choke! Fucking belter! Has anyone ever done that before in a major promotion?

72E7E868-3510-4F74-A379-F020ED9535BC.gif.d2266248a8330aae373b3a7513727579.gif

• Awards Moderator

Great opening segment with Danielson and Garcia. Their match next week should be fantastic.

I was going to express my disappointment at Sonny Kiss finally getting back on the main shows only to get squashed by a Trustbuster, but then the ending happened. If putting up with Trustbusters means Sonny gets back on TV, then let’s go Trustbusters!

• Paid Members

Fair play to them. It’s not going to stop Rampage feeling like a completely skippable C show, but at least they took the time to properly introduce the Trustbusters. Happy for Sonny Kiss to finally get the spotlight.

I still think they’re missing a trick though. Parker Boudreaux should be in the Jericho Appreciation Society, doing a parody of Brock Lesnar.

Surprisingly fun mixed tag. Maybe the inevitable Eddie Kingston mixed tag has potential after all.

Best thing on the show was obviously the little animated Hookhausen floating around the ad breaks. Hookhausen 4 LIFE.

8B8163F4-62E2-42D9-AD45-4AACD0B71E68.gif.1b885d8f938f8f232c32124f68fd18f8.gif

More fool me for thinking this means they’ll ever team again. I can’t let it go. Pro-wrestling hasn’t seen this level of cockteasing since the late 90s.

Edited by Supremo

I know the AEW roster is packed, but fuck, they should sign Erik Redbeard, even if it’s for ROH. He’s really fun to watch, and is far better than he’s often given credit for. I loved Beardhausen, and I’m looking forward to Danhausen’s inevitable first victory. It’s probably not coming any time soon, but once it happens, what a moment it’ll be. 

Parker Boudreaux looked solid enough, but it’s quite difficult to gauge how much potential he actually has at this stage. Sonny Kiss turning heel is interesting, although I think there is still bags of potential with her as a face.

Sammy and Tay aren’t clicking with me as a heel act, and I’m not really sure why. Perhaps it’s just a case of them needing more guidance to refine their characters.

42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Sammy and Tay aren’t clicking with me as a heel act, and I’m not really sure why. Perhaps it’s just a case of them needing more guidance to refine their characters.

They just have the typical youngster thing of being arrogant dicks but without the unspoken confidence that comes with age and experience. Everything they do reeks of pre-meditated posturing, begging for a reaction, instead of being in any way natural. Sammy would love to be coming out to rapturous cheers rather than boos, and it shows. The eyes, chico.

• Paid Members

This was my first experience of Sonny Kiss, and I quite enjoyed her work. Having read up, she's genderfluid but generally identifies as feminine/female. I'm fine with that, to be clear! But my question is, will this lead to her taking part in the women's division? Just as a story I'd love to see her refuse a defence because of that specific day she identifies as more male. Or would that be exploitative? Which wrestling never is...

1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

This was my first experience of Sonny Kiss, and I quite enjoyed her work. Having read up, she's genderfluid but generally identifies as feminine/female. I'm fine with that, to be clear! But my question is, will this lead to her taking part in the women's division? Just as a story I'd love to see her refuse a defence because of that specific day she identifies as more male. Or would that be exploitative? Which wrestling never is...

AEW have stuck to just to male opponents. I don't see that changing on joining the Trustbusters. Online Sonny had quite the support for being in the Baddie Section.