AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Jane works for me. We all just hate change or in the grand scheme it's irrelevant.

I don’t think it’s a case of people hating change - ‘Where is my mind’ was in itself a change from his original theme after all. I’d add myself to the list of people who isn’t feeling Jane. It’s kind of tepid, as a wrestling theme. 

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I don’t think it’s a case of people hating change - ‘Where is my mind’ was in itself a change from his original theme after all. I’d add myself to the list of people who isn’t feeling Jane. It’s kind of tepid, as a wrestling theme. 

But they're not gonna change it because they've spent a wedge so I just don't see the time wasted giving out. It'll be absolutely fine in a few weeks once they work they edits out. I still think it adds a different mood tp him as more of a cool ass kicker vibe, again its each to their own I guess. 

Mark Sterling doing a false injury to the slow kicks. Lovely touch. 

• Paid Members

Big fan of Hey EW. Has definitely exposed some people for not being great at adlibs and not being especially funny, but the ones who have got on board have been a delight to watch. TJ Township is a great line. Also Hipster Gaston is an absolutely perfect description of RJ City.

A decent enough show this week, although Jonathan Gresham seems massively miscast in this role. He’s not even close to being convincing as a heel. I probably will buy Death Before Dishonour, though. It’s a Saturday PPV with a fun looking card. 

Lee Moriarty’s interaction with Stokely was interesting, I’d be interested in seeing the guy get given the chance to sink or swim. 

It’s crazy how much more enjoyable AEW has become since Adam Cole’s lot were injured. They make Dolph Ziggler and Happy Corbin look absolutely thrilling.

Gresham slapping Moriarty in the nuts made me laugh.

Enjoyed Stantlander and Athena squashing the Renegade Twins but question the logic behind The Baddies immediately dropping them with little resistance.

They looked like total chumps just sitting there afterwards looking mildly annoyed instead of going after them for some payback.

Andrade can fuck right off.

Gresham is hilariously small, it’s like when Taz joined WWE.

I agree that Rush seems very generic too.  This whole RoH invasion can’t end soon enough.   There’s plenty of good acts on the AEW roster that need tv time.

• Paid Members

I thought Gresham looked fantastic. Yeah, he's small, but his style is so interesting to watch. He genuinely offers something a bit different I think, and that makes him great for the overall balance of the AEW product.

I don't really need to see another Moxley \ Kingston \ Santana \ Ortiz \ Miro \ Wardlow \ Andrade \ Brody King \ Jake Hager etc etc style brawler. Likewise there's plenty of the PAC \ Dante Martin \ Bucks \ Darby Allin \ Lucha Bros etc high spot oriented guys. With Danielson out especially, it's refreshing to see someone with a bit of a different style.

Rush's appeal in CMLL was that he was different to everyone else. Largely that was because of how generic CMLL was at the time (and probably still is, havent watched in forever). Doesn't help that LIJ improved upon the act and then, because NJPW, that act was run into the ground. 

12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Never give Claudio a mic.

The Rap Battle wasn’t much better. Died more & more as it went on and I’d lost all interest in the show by the time it finished.

Opener was decent, which considering I can’t stand Jon Silver at the best of times is quite the achievement 

It was pretty the most nothing happening show in recent months which is saying something, or it may just be how much I don't care about ROH and this was the go home show.

But yeah that rap battle died the moment the guest judge opened his mouth and it only got worse from there. Gay jokes in 2022, nice.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

But yeah that rap battle died the moment the guest judge opened his mouth and it only got worse from there. Gay jokes in 2022, nice.

Yeah, I’d been looking forward to that, but it was absolutely terrible. The guest judge didn’t exactly help, but the material was also pretty weak.

Also, I can’t believe they’re bringing in yet another 205 Live wrestler. They used to talk about ‘TNA stink’, but the stench of that show is even more foul. The idea they have for him better be bloody spectacular to justify bringing him in over a fresher, younger wrestler.