Did she quit or was she released?

Jazzy G

• Paid Members

I've just spotted a couple of articles about Toni Storm. Some are saying that she's been released, while others are suggesting she's flown herself home after a house show match and declared that she's quitting WWE. Here's one:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10022408-toni-storm-released-from-wwe-contract-had-title-match-vs-charlotte-flair-last-week

• Paid Members

Meltzer I've read suggests she was burnt out and asked for her release. It's not unexpected, all the travel, planes and house shows as well as main TV taping must be exhausting, especially if you've made a career out of working most days but minimal travel due to how the main Japanese venues for touring work. 

I'd hazzard a guess that she might have been fatigued with being in the USA with limited travel available with wwe's schedule and Covid making that even more challenging. Doesn't matte who you are or what you do, eventually you start to feel fucking isolated and if you work for a shit bag employer that's only going to make it worse

• Paid Members

I think the thought of getting up driving to an airport, flying for hours, getting a rental car, driving more hours and then getting to work and sitting in catering, not being used or, at best, getting a 10minutes match and all for base pay is enough to make anyone quit.