UKFF Whatsapp

Joe Blog

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fair enough. I don't know the whole history as much as other people, but I thought we'd done well to expel all the shits, and make this a fairly 'safe space' but I'll take your word for it that there are still people on this forum that have done/would do such a thing.

With that said, it's a no from me at the moment. I don't feel great as it is and the whole whispery talk of the old MH thread and whatever happened pushes me further away on that. 

Edited by Chili

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

There are. Some respected ones too. This is a nice idea but I’m not keen on having wronguns potentially having my phone number. 

Fair enough Keith, I genuinely didn't know that, and like I said, I think some of that happened before my time, so apologies.

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

With that said, it's a no from me at the moment. I don't feel great as it is and the whole whispery talk of the old MH thread and whatever happened pushes me further away on that. 

Sorry to hear you're not doing too well Chili, and apologies if this has bought up past experiences and feelings. Hope things look up for you soon pal.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fair enough. I don't know the whole history as much as other people, but I thought we'd done well to expel all the shits, and make this a fairly 'safe space' but I'll take your word for it that there are still people on this forum that have done/would do such a thing.

This is a public forum. Even anyone who's been banned can read it. And we wouldn't have the problem with returning members we do if we had any real control. 

As for Paid there's no 'quality control'. If you donate, you get access. Simple as that.

I get the caution. People can be cunts. But people are cunts in "real life" too. At some point you've just got to take a risk and trust someone or else life is pretty shitty.

Personally I've probably been screwed over by more people I've met in person than those I met online first. In fact I'd say 95% of my best friends I first talked to online.

So yeah be cautious but that goes for anything really. Its always easy to assume the worst of people. Quite right in some circumstances but there are some genuinely decent folk around too.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I get the caution. People can be cunts. But people are cunts in "real life" too. At some point you've just got to take a risk and trust someone or else life is pretty shitty.

Personally I've probably been screwed over by more people I've met in person than those I met online first. In fact I'd say 95% of my best friends I first talked to online.

So yeah be cautious but that goes for anything really. Its always easy to assume the worst of people. Quite right in some circumstances but there are some genuinely decent folk around too.

I sort of take your point, but we're not talking in hypothetical terms here, these are things that have happened in this boards recent history. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I applaud the idea, but I would caution that there are people on this board who have used people's personal information to threaten them and get them fired from jobs. I'm not saying that anything like that would definitely happen, but I'd be cautious to give your mobile number to a group with potential wronguns in it.

I urge everyone to read and absorb this post. 

Just now, gmoney said:

I sort of take your point, but we're not talking in hypothetical terms here, these are things that have happened in this boards recent history. 

That's fair enough and if people are advising from a point of fact then its certainly something for anyone to take into consideration.

Ooh just seen this and whilst a brilliant idea in theory, there's all kinds of issues noted in practice as noted throughout the responses. 

The one thing not mentioned is that with a WhatsApp or Discord, it's another thing you have to keep up with or can give anxiety through fomo or  burnout because you've run out of spoons and is too much. Less is sometimes more. 

I'd suggest therefore  a pinned Mental Health Support  Locked Thread with numbers for help and additional websites for help etc.?