Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

I don't hate the replacement and new match up but it does feel like the top end of this division has been the same for such a long time now. I hope in future plans they try to put more into it and try and get some exciting new emerging fighters to breathe some life into the division again 

7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Have the UFC only got 3 flyweights? When was the last time Moreno thought someone what wasn’t a rematch? I can’t see Royval getting another title shot anytime soon but if he gets a decisive win here it wouldn’t hurt his chances. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Bruce85 said:

When was the last time Moreno thought someone what wasn’t a rematch? 

Funnily enough, the last time Moreno fought someone and it wasn’t a rematch was the first Royval fight at UFC 255 in November 2020.

I mean, this should be a great fight and the kind of unsatisfactory way the first fight ended (Royval shoulder injury leading into the TKO) means it’s a rematch I actually wanted to see ever since. But yeah, as good as the Flyweight division is, no weight class is more Groundhog Day than 125. And the thing is, there’s no end in sight. If Moreno wins this as I suspect he will, we’re likely getting another Pantoja rematch.

In fairness, at least they at least tried to get a new face in the mix by booking Moreno against Amir Albazi. But Albazi pulling out fucked it all up. 

On 1/11/2024 at 11:00 AM, Egg Shen said:

20240111_110026.thumb.jpg.f5baeec2f1fc0f0728cca9aad8e04d1b.jpg

Sexiyama! 

He was a massive star on Netflix show Physical 100 recently, if you haven’t seen it give it some time it’s a great watch.

Hes a Korean star nowadays who is constantly on Variety shows and even has his own show with his daughter.

Can’t believe he’s still fighting.

• Paid Members

Not a fight announcement but didn’t know where else to put this. The UFC’s upcoming card in Saudi Arabia in March has been pushed back to June according to Helwani. The Saudis apparently said the card wasn’t good enough 😂

These are the fights that had been confirmed so far…

IMG_0413.jpeg.7414c4d8023c3a44262ca0f8ceffef57.jpeg

Fair enough the main event hadn’t been announced yet but when you think about the Saudis hosting all these mega Boxing nights with Fury vs Ngannou, Fury vs Usyk and AJ vs Ngannou…the thought of the UFC basically trying to bring an Apex card over there is piss funny to me.

I’m guessing they’ll end up doing a PPV over there in June. And Makhachev was saying recently he was hoping to fight Gaethje in June. It all adds up. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

The Saudis apparently said the card wasn’t good enough 😂

And they aren't wrong! They're paying a $20M site fee for this apparently. Which is more than the UFC was getting for the Houston and Australia shows that were PPV's. But seemingly because it's less than WWE get for their Saudi shitshows, maybe the UFC felt they could go in with a lesser product at first and milk a bigger deal out of bringing a PPV down the line. 

Tbh I hate myself for saying this but I don't blame the Saudis for that. Like it's been said above the sheer amount of money they are paying for these crazy shows and super cards they definitely deserve much more than that so fair enough to them for knowing what they are paying and going to Dana and the UFC and reminding them of that fact and making them reschedule and give them what they are paying the ungodly amount for. 

Would this be the first time in history something like this has happened (a venue/country basically pulling the original date because the card is not fitting for the price and what they believe they deserve??)