Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I love Francis but his chances against Tyson are terrible. Even the old “punchers chance” stuff doesn’t really fly so much for me because of Tyson’s style, size, massive advantage in boxing knowledge, experience and actual skills. It sounds harsh but under boxing rules I honestly wouldn’t be massively surprised if Ngannou doesn’t land a glove on Fury. He probably will land something but it genuinely wouldn’t be a huge shocker for me if he swings at air for the entire duration of the fight until Tyson gets bored of playing with him and ends it. A lot of Ngannou’s knockouts in MMA saw him just wading in throwing wide sledgehammer power shots and it worked. He’s not gonna be just bullrushing Fury like that. Even the power thing, it’s worth remembering they’re not gonna be in MMA gloves and Francis punches likely aren’t even gonna have quite the same impact anyway.

I’m a huge fan of Ngannou. He seems a top bloke, he’s got the feel good inspirational story and I’m happy for him that he’s getting the payday. It’s cool that his initial dream was to be a boxer and he’s getting to live that out against the top Heavyweight of this generation in a massive event. But the fight itself is gonna be so lopsided. 

9 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I love Francis but his chances against Tyson are terrible. Even the old “punchers chance” stuff doesn’t really fly so much for me because of Tyson’s style, size, massive advantage in boxing knowledge, experience and actual skills. It sounds harsh but under boxing rules I honestly wouldn’t be massively surprised if Ngannou doesn’t land a glove on Fury. He probably will land something but it genuinely wouldn’t be a huge shocker for me if he swings at air for the entire duration of the fight until Tyson gets bored of playing with him and ends it. A lot of Ngannou’s knockouts in MMA saw him just wading in throwing wide sledgehammer power shots and it worked. He’s not gonna be just bullrushing Fury like that. Even the power thing, it’s worth remembering they’re not gonna be in MMA gloves and Francis punches likely aren’t even gonna have quite the same impact anyway.

I’m a huge fan of Ngannou. He seems a top bloke, he’s got the feel good inspirational story and I’m happy for him that he’s getting the payday. It’s cool that his initial dream was to be a boxer and he’s getting to live that out against the top Heavyweight of this generation in a massive event. But the fight itself is gonna be so lopsided. 

I know there are alot of factors you have to include and think about for this fight but I just really do have a feeling about this one, in terms of crossover fights it just feels different and has more of a how will this go at least in my opinion. I'm extremely excited for it to say the least 

• 3 weeks later...

Two fighters who seemed like they were going to be mega stars in the UFC, but it just never turned out that way. Benson never seemed to recover from his title loss to Pettis. Cant really remember the details, but I seem to recall Pettis just falling off a cliff, performance wise once he lost the title too.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Dai said:

Two fighters who seemed like they were going to be mega stars in the UFC, but it just never turned out that way. Benson never seemed to recover from his title loss to Pettis. Cant really remember the details, but I seem to recall Pettis just falling off a cliff, performance wise once he lost the title too.

Yeh, Pettis had this aura of genius bordering on invincibility at the time because of his sheer flashy style, but Dos Anjos just took his soul in that match; absolutely crushed him. He was never the same since.

• Paid Members

Dariush vs Tsarukyan is a great fight. It’s been rumoured for a while so I’m glad to see it’s finally been confirmed. Surprised to hear the Dan Hooker vs Bobby Green fight is gonna be 5 rounds as well but not complaining. Don’t think there’s ever been a 5 round co-main on a Fight Night before, has there? 

Mate that card is FUCKING stacked and will be a very very good one. There going to go big and end the year as strong as they possibly can do 

I am so happy to admit I was wrong last month when I said green was not a main eventer because he was unbelievable in there and got it done in thirty seconds so I'm all about that co main.

• Paid Members
On 10/31/2023 at 10:45 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Dariush vs Tsarukyan is a great fight. It’s been rumoured for a while so I’m glad to see it’s finally been confirmed. Surprised to hear the Dan Hooker vs Bobby Green fight is gonna be 5 rounds as well but not complaining. Don’t think there’s ever been a 5 round co-main on a Fight Night before, has there? 

Not that I can recall, its not like Hooker/Green is a massive fight either, strange choice but i'm not complaining.