Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Panhead said:

When they showed Jamal Hill in the crowd in Saturday, didn't it say 'UFC Light Heavyweight Champion' or am I cracking up? I thought he vacated it a while ago? 

Yeah, Hill vacated during International Fight Week according to wiki. 

• Paid Members

LHW title has taken a bit of a battering since Prochazka took it off Teixeira, eh? First Jiri has to vacate it through injury, then a lacklustre title-decider, then Hill has to vacate through injury.

When Hill recovers, the inevitable Prochazka vs. Hill match should be fun - the two champs who never lost the belt.

• Paid Members

Yeah, and if Pereira beats Jiri they can spin it as Pereira’s revenge tour for his mate Glover. Jiri and Hill were the last two men to beat Glover before he retired so Pereira sparking them consecutively would be sweet revenge for his mentor plus a second division’s title for Pereira. 

IMG_0245.jpeg

• Paid Members

If Tony somehow wins it’ll be fucking hilarious though. Thinking they’re setting Paddy up with a nice easy win and he ends up getting D’Arced into oblivion. Yes! I know it’s 2023 and most likely won’t go that way though.

It’s just pathetic. They’re not even trying to be subtle with how much they’re protecting him. I’ve seen people defending it as “making sense” and yeah, it makes sense if you’re the UFC and trying to fool people that Paddy is top tier. But he’s supposed to be this big prospect (Somehow. At 23 fights and 11 years in) and he’s on a winning streak (even though he lost to Jared Gordon last time) yet here he is matched up with a guy who’s on a 6 fight losing streak who’s been finished in his last 3 fights. A win over Tony Ferguson in 2023 tells us nothing. Fuck all. Yet if Paddy wins it’ll be spun as a legit meaningful win and some fans will actually lap that shite up. And Paddy himself is so dense that he’ll still be mega cocky going in, not realising that the UFC matchmaking him like this is hard evidence that they have zero confidence in him.