Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Hopefully it's not an exhibition as that kills the point of it entirely. Francis chance of looking good in a boxing fight lies entirely with the chance he *might, maybe, could, possibly* put somebody's lights out with one half decent shot. He's not outboxing anybody. If he gets paid an absolute wedge though no matter if he's having a badminton match with Fury? Then fair do's to him. 

Imagine if they created some sort of boxing title for this? And Ngannou put up his UFC title belt? Fury wins, and he can parade around with the UFC heavyweight title, goading Dana with chat that he beat the "real" UFC heavyweight champion and that Jones is just a fake champ?

• Paid Members

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I don't really see where Big Fran succeeds where Deontay Wilder failed. I'd love it if Ngannou did win, just for the sheer fucking Lost Ark-style meltdown Plastic Caesar would have, but as Fury has demonstrated in three matches with Wilder, a puncher's chance is at an even lower percentage against him - and even if he does get hit, it's not necessarily going to get the job done.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, David said:

Imagine if they created some sort of boxing title for this? And Ngannou put up his UFC title belt? Fury wins, and he can parade around with the UFC heavyweight title, goading Dana with chat that he beat the "real" UFC heavyweight champion and that Jones is just a fake champ?

Oh, that's exactly what will happen. Might not be a belt involved, but Fury will give it the big one.

• Paid Members

Yeah I don’t think anyone’s expecting Francis to actually pull it off. I’m happy for him though. Boxing was his first love, he kind of fell into MMA, so this must be a dream come true for him. The payday is almost certainly gonna be better than all his UFC fights combined but I genuinely don’t think he’s as driven by that as much as it’s just a dream bucket list thing for him.

Oh and @Egg Shen it’s straight boxing as far as I know. No exhibition. Not sure how many rounds though. 

Edited by wandshogun09

I'm honestly chuffed to bit for Francis. He basically walked away from the UFC, with Dana, Jon Jones and all the Zuffannies telling him he was making a mistake and that the UFC is the best he can possibly get.

I hope he makes a fortune in this fight with Fury, and I hope he really does put in a good showing. I don't expect him to win, but I hope he looks half-decent.

Then I hope Fury gets hold of a replica UFC title and walks around absolutely everywhere with it, claiming to be the "lineal UFC heavyweight champion!"

17 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I don't really see where Big Fran succeeds where Deontay Wilder failed. I'd love it if Ngannou did win, just for the sheer fucking Lost Ark-style meltdown Plastic Caesar would have, but as Fury has demonstrated in three matches with Wilder, a puncher's chance is at an even lower percentage against him - and even if he does get hit, it's not necessarily going to get the job done.

Oh, there's next to no chance of Ngannou winning. Not if Fury takes the fight even close to seriously. The one chance he has is based entirely on the fact that Fury is known to box to the level of his opponents a lot of the time. If he comes in and starts fucking about, trying to mug it up for the cameras he could easily get clipped. We've seen him get clipped and wobbled before.

But the odds are heavily in favour of him winning.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Rhys McKee has made it back to the UFC. Good to see, he got the proper shitty end of the stick first time around. Got cut, grinded away, took hard fights, won and earnee his way back. Good on him.