Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 4/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, wandshogun09 said:

994596FA-B38D-4530-920F-C8AAE6770203.jpeg

This is off. Hermansson’s out. Not sure what they can rustle up for a headliner for that card with just over a month out but the timing of this tweet is interesting…

There’s a couple of realistic options for me. RDA vs Arman Tsarukyan being one. Tsarukyan was meant to headline tonight’s card against Moicano so he’ll no doubt be looking for a fight. And that would be a fantastic main event for a Fight Night.

The other option, and this is all guesswork, could be to move the Wonderboy Thompson vs Michel Pereira fight forward a week. It’s scheduled for UFC 289 in Canada on June 10th but Marcel Dorff tweeted that it’s not currently listed for that card on ESPN. Could be an error or maybe they’re moving it forward a week. We’ll see soon enough.

While I’m here, UFC 290, which is the big early July PPV, is looking class already. Look at this shit…

Brandon Moreno vs Alexandre Pantoja - Flyweight Title

Robert Whittaker vs Dricus Du Plessis 

Jack Della Maddalena vs Sean Brady 

Dan Hooker vs Jalin Turner

Robbie Lawler vs Niko Price 

Bo Nickal vs Tresean Gore

That’s just so far. Alexander Volkanovski vs Yair Rodriguez is apparently being targeted for this card and Whittaker vs DDP has been confirmed as a number one contender fight as well I think. This was the card they wanted Jones vs Stipe on but that’s looking less and less likely every day now.

Edit - fuck all that. It’s RDA vs Vicente Luque in July apparently.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Whitaker/Du Plessis is about as good a number 1 contender fight as they could make, kills Izzy's mantra to stay active though, unless he's taking another fight?

Like Nickal/Gore too, i missed that announcement.

• Paid Members

Good. Fuck Pena.

I wouldn’t call Nunes vs Pena 3 a huge fight either. It was only happening because there’s a lack of other interesting challengers. At least Aldana is a fresh opponent.

Unless you’re talking about Pennington vs Aldana 2 being the ‘huge fight’ that’s not happening now 🤣

• Paid Members

saw that a good chunk of the UFC London card is listed on Tapology, I'd only seen the Molly Meatball fight announced previously. This thing needs a couple of main card fights added...

20230509_161525.thumb.jpg.55316923cfd1cd3ceccf9ab336a3e742.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Been in the works for a while and it was always gonna be next because of the interim but it’s finally official…

Nice knowing you Yair.

It won’t happen but imagine if Yair pulled this off and Aldana beats Nunes next month? Along with Moreno and Grasso that’d be 4 Mexican champions and 3 massive upsets in the cases of Yair, Aldana and Grasso. Like I said, won’t happen but it would be crazy. And the UFC still probably wouldn’t bother holding a big card in Mexico. 

• Paid Members

Dana confirmed that Robbie Lawler’s fight with Niko Price on the prelims will be his retirement fight as well! As always, I won’t be shocked if he rocks up in BKFC or goes after that Jake Paul money but we’ll see. I hope this is it for him and I really hope he goes out on a win.

4 minutes ago, Bruce85 said:

I can’t work out how to post a picture otherwise I’d share it….

Yeah prelims look class.

BAA644B0-5F64-4451-8B55-E8F0DB425165.jpeg

Matchroom's, Fabio Wardley vs. Boxxer's, Frazer Clarke for the British heavyweight title went to purse bids today. Then Boxxer decided to pull Big Fraze out of the fight. Boxxer went to the BBBOC and asked for Clarke to be the mandatory challenger for Wardley's British title. Boxxer getting a lot of grief for it on social media now.

Figgy has said he still hasn't been cleared by doctors

I thought he was moving up a weight after the Moreno fight?

Also the graphic has Moreno/Pantoja fight for the Bantamweight title, it’s flyweight right? 

Edited by TildeGuy~!