Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I just came on here straight from seeing that to jump in this thread and see what's going on. Where's the money coming from in this BKFC thing? Is it a whole money laundering operation or what? Three of those guys will cost a penny or two, even at this stage of their careers.

Pretty interesting fights too. Should they have been MMA fights for PFL or Bellator or whoever, they would have been ones that some people would go out of their way to see. The Alvarez/Mendes one is very eye catching. Rockhold Vs Perry is just strange as fuck. There's a size difference there, but in this realm I'm not sure how much it will mean. It's not going to do wonders for Luke's modelling career though, that's for sure. 

• Paid Members

Nah it’s just been talked about for that long it seemed that way! 😂 I think that’s why the UFC have held off on getting a fight booked for Sean O’Malley. If Cejudo fucked about and this one fell through I think Aljo vs Suga was the backup plan. Maybe O’Malley will still be the official backup. 

• Paid Members

I would have liked to have seen O'Malley get it after the Yan fight. I think we are probably going to see O'Malley sit it out and get the winner of this now though, everyone else close to him is tied up. Though i'd love to see O'Malley get the winner of Vera/Sandhagan.

• Paid Members

Yeah, like I always say, Bantamweight is on fire at the moment. Can’t go wrong with almost any combination at the top end of the division. I actually think Chito vs O’Malley 2 might be the fight I wanna see most at 135 right now, even more than any title fight. A Yan vs O’Malley rematch over 5 rounds is another one I wanna see. But yeah I reckon O’Malley sits out now, will probably be the backup for Aljo vs Cejudo and weigh in and stuff just incase something goes wrong. If that fight goes ahead he likely gets the winner. Well that’s what he’ll probably be promised but with Yan vs Merab tonight and Chito vs Sandhagen in a couple of weeks, all it takes is one spectacular performance from one of them and they could take O’Malley’s spot. Sitting out is always a risky one. 

• Paid Members

O'Malley is one of the few guys I think the UFC i think the UFC allows to sit out. Like you @wandshogun09if the plan was always Sterling/Cejudo I would have liked to have seen them pull the trigger on O'Malley/Vera 2 now. Sandhagan could have fought someone else no problem.

• 2 weeks later...