Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Dai said:

Being in the scummy world of MMA, it won't affect him in the slightest. 

Would the US authorities look to block someone with close ties to Kadyrov entry into the US? Dana and Co obviously don't give a damn but I'm  interested in the wider ramifications. 

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I thought Chimaev had Swedish nationality and was resident in Sweden? 

Come on now, you know how it works. He can be resident wherever he likes, but he's Chechen. He was born and lived there until he was 18. He'll have family ties there. The bottom line is, you don't make an enemy of someone like Kadyrov if you can help it.

Chechen blogger Tumso Abdurakhmanov spoke out against Kadyrov whilst "safely" in Sweden. He went missing and turned up murdered. 

1 minute ago, Silky Kisser said:

Would the US authorities look to block someone with close ties to Kadyrov entry into the US? Dana and Co obviously don't give a damn but I'm  interested in the wider ramifications. 

I doubt there will be any ramifications. Kadyrov attended a UFC event as a guest in Moscow, and brought along three "friends," one of whom was accused of widespread torture and another who plotted an assassination in Dubai. 

The US authorities didn't give a shit then. They didn't give a shit when Kamaru Usman, Justin Gaethje and Henry Cejudo all visited Chechnya as guests of Kadyrov either.

• Paid Members

None of those examples are Kadyrov and Co. entering the US though, which is what I asked. 

Isn't Kadyrov on some sort of banned list from US entry? Just wondering if that would extend to people who get close to him. 

Genuine questions here. 

7 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

None of those examples are Kadyrov and Co. entering the US though, which is what I asked. 

Isn't Kadyrov on some sort of banned list from US entry? Just wondering if that would extend to people who get close to him. 

Genuine questions here. 

I don't think he entered the US though, did he? That video is most likely in Sweden, Russia or Chechnya. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think he entered the US though, did he? That video is most likely in Sweden, Russia or Chechnya. 

Yeah the video isn't from the US. I'm just curious as to how Khamzat's relationship with Kadyrov would potentially impact Khamzat fighting in the US in future. 

8 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Yeah the video isn't from the US. I'm just curious as to how Khamzat's relationship with Kadyrov would potentially impact Khamzat fighting in the US in future. 

Fedor is bezzie mates with Putin and he’s fighting in the US on a couple of weeks, so I can’t see it being an issue. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

It won't. This isn't new with Chimaev at all. Nor is it new with any of the other endless amounts of athletes from that part of the world that have entered the US, post very public appearances with the dictator. Khabib, for one. 

Edited by WeeAl

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I fancy Arnold to win that all day (please dont be at the Apex).

Really? This is a massive step up for him, and Max has only lost to Volk in the last few years. As good as Allen has looked, I cant see the reason for being that confident. No doubt Max will be the bookies fav too.

• Paid Members

Was gonna say. I didn't think Max was on the slide, or that his style is now obsolete or anything. His only recent losses have been to two guys either at the top or near the top of their games. 

• Paid Members

The PFL have announced their first couple of main events and co-main events for April...

Fn-Uxe1acAM8WlT.thumb.jpg.77632f789598df521305b521c4eb9559.jpg

Fn-Uxe8aEAI0BNK.thumb.jpg.8bd00caea253c863c72f3989be58d074.jpgFn7wXUuacAIMMxH.png.92c12571b4893d5b9497320d2c54c79c.png

All last year's Champion's matched up. I can see the method of the madness there. They've matched the the Champions with some of the more well known names in the divisions.  Big debuts for Santos, De Castro and Burgos.

• Paid Members

Sounds good but last thing I read about that was Malki Kawa (who reps Loughnane, Burgos and maybe one or two others there) has denied they’ve agreed to those fights and is claiming PFL has jumped the gun. Fuck knows. Hopefully they happen although I’ve seen about enough of Marlon Moraes getting his head stoved in now.

In other news, some common sense has prevailed here. The Chito Vera vs Cory Sandhagen fight that was originally set to headline the Feb 18th card at the Apex has been moved back to late March to headline the San Antonio card instead. The initial rumoured main event for San Antonio was…wait for it…Irene Aldana vs Raquel Pennington 2. Chito vs Sandhagen was always too good for the Apex so I’m well happy with this. Literally the only negative about it is that we’ve got to wait a month longer for the fight but that’s a small price to pay. That fight deserves a crowd and I’m glad it’s getting one. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

A double benefit from that one with headlining a proper arena show as well as saving us from the other proposed main event. . .unless they've just swapped Aldana-Pennington to the Apex main event instead? In which case, that says it all about the strength of that show, making it an easy one to skip. 

• Paid Members

Nah they’ve bumped the Taila Santos vs Erin Blanchfield fight (that was originally co-main) up to main event the Feb 18th Apex card.

332-E0-A46-A01-A-4-D27-A806-FE55-D772-AC

People will probably groan at that but I’ll take this over Aldana vs Pennington 2 any day. This’ll probably end up being a title eliminator as well with the winner getting a crack at the winner of Shevchenko vs Grasso later in the year.