Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

Not a bad opponent for a comeback fight to be honest. 21-1 with his only loss coming by way of decision to Dillian Whyte. No notable wins on his record, but of his 21 wins 14 have come by KO, so he can hit, but not so much as to really cause AJ any issues.

Doubt I'll go out my way to watch it live if it's on PPV, but it's a decent return fight.

Was that original Mayweather poster an official one? Seems very interesting to me that if it was, his opponent hadnt even recieved, let alone signed, a contract to fight him. Do Mayweather's people just assume that these opponents are not going to turn down the big payday?

• Paid Members

They’re trying to use our Gerald as cannon fodder for their shiny new DWCS prospect 😕 I’m sure a lot of people will be predicting Pyfer to steamroll him but this is a huge step up for him. He’s beat nobody of note so far and, while he looked good in his UFC debut, Amedovski was a punching bag who was tailor-made for him and coming off 3 losses. Nothing against him but obviously I hope Gez derails him in spectacular fashion. 

Obviously MMA maths is shite, I’m just posting this for the gruesomeness of it. But they have one common opponent in Dustin Stoltzfus. Meerschaert subbed Stoltzfus in 2021. Pyfer vs Stoltzfus happened on DWCS in 2020 and ended like this…

image.gif.29bcdac8154341ab68353d29c8c8e3c3.gif

Jesus fuck 😬 

• Paid Members

check out this random piece of heavyweight business:

FnWH3hsXoCYe3o6.thumb.jpg.bd51a74039a3bf83928faca6200a3a4e.jpg#

De Fries/Duffee II in KSW!!

Duffee hasn't won a fight in 8 years, he's only fought once in the last 7 yet he walks into a heavyweight title fight, they play by their own rules in KSW. I may have to watch that one live when it happens. Duffee knocked De Fries out in 2 mins back in 2012. 

Duffee was always game for a scrap from what I can remember. He was a more talented James Thompson, with the mad rush at the beginning of the fight. What a strange career he had, though, as credited from Wiki:

- Wins UFC debut in 7 seconds KO

- Loses next fight with a famous KO to Mike Russow

- Shockingly released from UFC. In a suprise to no-one, Dana threw his toys out of the pram when Duffee complained about money. Duffee even says at this point he needed a second job to pay for training. He needed knee surgery too, and couldnt afford it and the UFC wouldnt pay for it. Then Dana sacks him. Proper scummy.

- Bizarrely ends up fighting Dream champ Overeem on the big NYE show, on a weeks notice.

- Ends up back in the UFC a few years later and KO's De Fries

- Another two years off, but flattens Antony Hamilton when he returns.

- Everyones favourate, Frank Mir, KO's him into another dimension (sorry Wand).

- Four year layoff, with both knees and a shoulder being injured. Gets MRSA. Somehow hes still contracted with the UFC through all of this.

- Fights after these four years off (in 2019), but ends in eye poke. No more figths as he gets more injuries. Fighting again on 2023 for KSW, and still only 37!

• Paid Members

He's definitely had one of the weirdest careers of a guy tipped to be one of the main men in the sport. Guy was on his way.

s-l500.jpg.0320d6eba9393f780a3f826566564dee.jpg

Shout out to De Fries too. Probably got to the UFC a little too early, went 2-3 and was cut, had a patchy run outside of the UFC, rebuilt himself, signed with KSW and is now comfortably the most successful UK heavyweight in the history of the sport, he's probably earned a shit load of money compared to most UK MMA fighters. 8-0 now in KSW and regularly headlining massive shows, it's great to see and one of the true unsung success stories of a British fighter.