Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Same. I don’t follow Rizin at all these days, or the Japanese scene in general anymore. Shame really. Used to love it but it just hasn’t grabbed me the last few years. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It generally down to the lack of fighters competing who were originally in the UFC or Bellator. They used to involve names you may recongise, not really been like that in years.

Posted
17 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

im pretty unfamiliar with the Rizin names on the card but i'll get upto speed before the show

I'm unfamiliar with about 50% of the UFC roster these days, never mind what's happening in Japan.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, David said:

I'm unfamiliar with about 50% of the UFC roster these days, never mind what's happening in Japan.

To be fair, I think Dana White has the same problem.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I hope Choi can get a win here. It'd be nice to see him have a feel good moment again. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not an announcement but Gilbert Burns is after a fight for the Brazil card in January. And he’s basically thrown it out to everyone available. Love this. “I’ll fight him too”. 

There was a lot of talk of Burns vs Masvidal but it seems that’s off the table now. Burns says the UFC tried to book that fight for 281, 282 and the Brazil card and Masvidal doesn’t seem interested. Shame because that would’ve been a cool fight. I genuinely think Masvidal thinks he deserves another title shot just because of the history between him and Leon Edwards. Hopefully Burns gets a fight booked soon. Off that list, I think I’d like to see the Chiesa fight the most. Could be a lot of fun if they get into the grappling a lot. Michel Pereira would be great as well but not sure we’ll see a Brazil vs Brazil clash like that in Rio. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...