Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Not finalised or anything but…this one’s come right out of left field. 

You know what though, I don’t hate it. It’s Shogun’s last fight on his contract (and maybe, hopefully, the last fight of his career) and this is way better than pretty much all the alternatives of him getting bashed up by Rountree or Oezdemir or someone like that. I know it’s probably silly to get my hopes up but it’d be really cool if Shogun and Machida bowed out with this fight. They’re pretty much the last two top names of their era at LHW and they’ve got the history. There probably isn’t a better farewell fight left for either man than this one at this stage of their careers. Especially in Brazil. 

61F33A94-8DBF-4D62-8381-C09428EE2816.jpeg

• Paid Members

Sorry to shit in your Weetabix but I don’t think that’s legit. I don’t know who this ‘Sodapop’ chap is but I haven’t seen it anywhere reputable and I don’t exactly trust his ‘sources’ when his bio literally says “Number 1 troll on MMA Twitter”…

98-EDEFB3-9-AC0-47-D3-A3-D2-E62627-B63-F

Just a typical Covington sad bastard fanboy desperate for attention. 

Don’t get me wrong, Gaethje vs Fiziev seems likely. Pretty much all the other top Lightweights are booked and it makes sense. The December card would line up nicely as well. This guy’s just done a bit of (sensible) fantasy matchmaking but passed it off as legit 😂

• Paid Members

Did they really have to do this one again so soon? Moreno's only got one win since losing to Figgy. How about Pantoja? He's on a three-win streak, and he went all the way with Figgy before - would be good to see them rematch in a challenge for the belt. Otherwise, Deiveson's last four opponents will have been one guy.

Edited by Carbomb