Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

Leigh Wood v Mauricio Lara has been booked in Nottingham for next month.

I would have Lara down to win that one. But I read Naoya Inoue sparred Leigh Wood and he said Wood was the hardest puncher he has faced.

Naoya Inoue is facing off with Paul Butler on December 13th in Japan. Winner becomes undisputed world bantamweight champion.

Juan Francisco Estrada overcome compatriot Argi Cortez at the weekend. As soon as the win was announced.

The trilogy fight - Juan Francisco Estrada v Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez was announced for December. Both fighters have got a win each, so this is the decider.  Their last fight was runner-up for 2021's fight of the year. Punch count in the 1000s.

Tyson Fury v Anthony Joshua is walking that tight-rope of announced/falling off a cliff. They've agreed the purse split and Matchroom have accepted the offer. Now trying to decide the date and venue.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Rossman said:

Tyson Fury v Anthony Joshua is walking that tight-rope of announced/falling off a cliff. They've agreed the purse split and Matchroom have accepted the offer. Now trying to decide the date and venue.

There's some fuckery going on. Fury has now said the dates he wants are either November 26th or December 3rd. Frank Warren apparently has the Millennium Stadium reserved for December 17th already (for the proposed Fury/Chisora fight) but that date it out of the question for Fury/Joshua.

Fight isn't gonna happen.

• Paid Members

One on Amazon 3...

20220908_084839.thumb.jpg.e6c1fcfde518266e312bd4dfc0bf8805.jpg

Every now and then a guy emerges that get people questioning whether or not the guy in an outside promotion would be a top guy or potential Champion in the UFC. People are starting to feel that way about De Ridder. Should be good.

• Paid Members

Not a done deal but I love this if it comes off. Yanez liked the tweet as well so there’s something to it. 

OK I guess it’s false…

Still, weird Yanez liked it if it was bollocks. My guess is this is a case of them offering Yanez the fight (and him accepting it) before they’d even spoke to Font’s team. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i'd be happy never to hear Bisping in the booth again, he's terrible.

I've gone south on him too. In fact I'm not fussed on a lot of them at the moment. Bisping seems to be a bit of an antagonist when he is on as well, which I find doesn't help things. 

• Paid Members

I don’t mind Bisping but admittedly he’s not great. Personally I think Felder’s probably the best of the ex fighters. Cormier might be the worst for me. He’s fucking awful. Seems he does zero preparation or fight watching going in, talks absolute bollocks throughout, has a bit of that Rogan bias/beating a narrative to death thing to him at times as well. And even his personality, which is what people point to as a defence, is grating as fuck after a bit. A bit of me dies whenever a show opens up and I see Rogan and DC’s big round faces looking back at me. Then there’s Cruz who’s the opposite and just completely devoid of any kind of emotion at all. Felder’s the only one who doesn’t try to make it all about himself and at the same time also isn’t a complete dullard like Cruz.

I think sometimes it’s just the repetitiveness of the same voices and opinions making me cranky though. I wouldn’t mind them just rotating different fighters in and out of the booth every now and then. I’m surprised they haven’t given Laura Sanko a tryout yet on a Fight Night or something, to be honest. I don’t think I’ve heard her commentary myself but didn’t she do some for DWCS or Invicta or something? Obviously she’d be a lot nicer to look at than Cormier or Bisping in the show openings but she does seem to know her stuff. And maybe having a woman in the booth occasionally might calm down some of that goofy bollocks from the others. Although I can imagine Rogan being even more of a condescending know it all prick than usual if a woman dared disagree with him during his tired old phoned in clapped out commentary.