Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I like this. 

Let’s hope it happens this time. They were supposed to fight last year but Costa pulled out and Gastelum stepped in. You’d think they’ll target Volkanovski’s next fight for this card as well and Dana’s already saying Volk is gonna be next to challenge the winner of Oliveira vs Makhachev. I’ll believe it when I see it though. We’ll see how Saturday’s fight plays out. There’s always that chance there’s a controversial ending/decision forcing an immediate rematch, or maybe the winner is banged up and won’t fancy getting another training camp in to fight in Feb. A lot would have to play out right. Would be cool though if we got Volk vs Oliveira/Makhachev in Australia. 

• Paid Members

yeah, not quite sure what they are thinking. I know sports take place outdoors in winter, but to have people sat down on the floor in potentially sub zero temepratures and in the rain seems like a crazy risk to take.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I take it Chimaev has been released from Russian custody then after his detainment over the conscription to the army? 

Letting Kadyrov's kid piece him up for social media no doubt granted his freedom. 

Team Colby Covington! 

The chief support, Dubois v Lerena is a bit poor as well. Lerena is a cruiserweight who's pumped himself up and had 2 fights at heavyweight. Last one was against Mariusz Wach.

I see Jack Catterall and Josh Taylor are finally going to have a rematch in February. After all that fucking about it's still at 140lbs. Taylor has been stripped of most of his belts. He's got one world title left now. He's also moved on from Ben Davison as his trainer. New trainer is Joe McNally. Never heard of him but he has supposedly trained Liam Smith and David Price in the past.

• Paid Members

Slightly better than Leavitt, Vargas and Vendramini but they’re really taking baby steps. Gordon is bang average. 

Was hoping they’d finally just bite the bullet and throw him in with Dober or McKinney. Risky fights but they’d be exciting and they’re not stupidly unwinnable for Paddy either. They’d have been good next tests. But the more I think about this, I reckon they’re just buying time and waiting for Conor to get his shit together so they can do the McGregor vs Pimblett thing. That would be big for everyone involved and it’d be better to get that fight on soon before Paddy’s true middling level is exposed and/or Conor gets jailed or found dead in a crack den.

Edit - Weird. The UFC’s official account tweeted that Pimblett-Gordon was on for 282 in December. Now they’ve deleted it. 
Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yes.

Such a great fight. Shame they didn’t have enough time to get this sorted as the new main event for Nov 5th (Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Lemos is headlining that card now 😒) but Topuria said it was too short notice for the weight cut. Just adds more depth to an ever improving 282 card though. Seriously, with all the buzz around 280/281, I hadn’t even noticed 282 sneakily stacking up right behind it. This is how it’s shaping up so far…

Jiri Prochazka© vs Glover Teixeira 2 - LHW Title

Jan Blachowicz vs Magomed Ankalaev 

Darren Till vs Dricus Du Plessis 

Robbie Lawler vs Santiago Ponzinibbio 

Paddy Pimblett vs Jared Gordon 

Bryce Mitchell vs Ilia Topuria 

Alexander Gustafsson vs Ovince Saint Preux 

Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Chris Daukaus 

Chris Curtis vs Joaquin Buckley 

Edmen Shahbazyan vs Dalcha Lungiambula 

Billy Quarantillo vs Alexander Hernandez 

Ronnie Lawrence vs Cameron Saaiman

TJ Brown vs Erik Silva

Daniel Da Silva vs Vinicius Salvador 

I’m guessing they’ll be trying to get another title fight on there as well with it being the last PPV of the year but I can’t think what other than Amanda Nunes against someone. All the other champs are booked or being pencilled in for cards early next year. 

• Paid Members

Gustafsson vs OSP has to be retirement stuff, surely? I don't imagine either has a title run in them now, Von Flue chokes or not.

Would love for Teixeira to get it back, but it seems to me that Prochazka will just be too much for him.

Hope Topuria smashes that moronic redneck fuck.

Same for DDP against Till.