Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I dunno - looking at their respective records, I think the numbers could be a bit deceiving. Pavlovich has only one loss to his name, sure, but that's to 2018 Overeem, who, whilst on his second wind at the time, wasn't exactly in the prime of his career, whilst his best win is Derrick Lewis - his other wins seem to be a who's who of the HW midcard. Tuivasa's losses are a bit more mixed, having lost to JDS and Gane, but also Spivak and Ivanov, but he's also beaten Lewis and Arlovski. 

Just on results alone, I don't know whom I'd pick. You're right that the beating he got from Gane might have affected him, though.

• Paid Members

I think Pavlovich is a bit of a darkhorse. I wouldn’t fancy his chances with the tippy top guys but everyone below that Ngannou/Gane/Stipe level I’d give him a good shot at. He’s a right lump and seems dangerous as fuck. Tai’s tough but even at 29 you have to think he’s got a ton of miles on him with all the sparring rounds with Hunt, the battering from Gane last time etc. I could see this going either way but I reckon a lot of people are gonna think it’s a nice rebound match for Tai and I’m not so sure. I could easily see Pavlovich handing him another loss and if he does it’ll probably be in brutal fashion. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Hasn’t been confirmed by Marcel Dorff or anywhere really reputable from what I can tell yet, but it’s looking like Ilia Topuria might be stepping in against Bryce Mitchell on the Nov 5th card. He’s been calling Bryce out and then last night tweeted this so maybe it’s a done deal now…

Different kind of fight to the original Mitchell vs Evloev one but I love it just as much, if not more, and it’ll probably be more entertaining to watch. I think the Evloev fight might’ve descended into either a BJJ vs Wrestling stalemate, or more likely, two great grapplers having a Kickboxing match. Topuria brings a different kind of threat so it’ll be interesting to see how they both tackle it. Great fight, fucking great fight if it happens. I know some moan about these matchups but I love when they pair these rising future contenders up and whack them in a headline spot. Same with that Gamrot vs Tsarukyan fight the other month. They can always meet again later, but let’s see what they’ve got now.

• Paid Members

Wait, what? 

1. I thought Chisora had retired in September?

2. Isn't Chisora coming off only one win, after three losses in a row previously?

3. Isn't he 2-0 down to Fury?

4. Isn't his record pretty piss-poor to be fighting for a World title?

5. Wouldn't it have been better to have him fight Joshua, whom he's never fought, and who would be the only interesting opponent he has left?

6. Seriously, wait - what?

• Paid Members

Yeah, genuinely couldn’t give one shite about Fury vs Chisora 3. On occasion there can be a case for a third fight despite a 2-0 scoreline - a controversial decision, an injury or a weird ending or something - but this isn’t one of them. Zero interest in it. Got to love the way they put this at the top in tiny lettering as well. Fuck right off. Absolute liberty. 

3E81619E-7AD4-43A3-95B3-7F3E3B4E6538.jpeg

It gets better! I know you can’t take much of what Fury says seriously but…

Edited by wandshogun09