Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 27, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted March 27, 2023 shit, Pitbull is going for it Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 27, 2023 Paid Members Posted March 27, 2023 History making as well. If he wins, he’ll be the first 3 weight champion in a major MMA promotion. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 30, 2023 Paid Members Posted March 30, 2023 Not bad. Although there were rumours of Topuria vs Ortega not too long ago and I’d have preferred that. Also saw some talk of Topuria vs Korean Zombie but I’m glad that’s not happening. Zombie’s next fight is probably gonna be his last, we don’t need to see him sacrificed like that. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 4, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2023 They’ve only gone and dug up George Sotiropoulos! Quote
David Posted April 4, 2023 Posted April 4, 2023 45 years old and hasn't fought in an MMA bout for almost nine years. You have to wonder what he's thinking? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 4, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2023 We’ll see about this one. I hope it actually happens this time but not holding my breath or anything. Quote
Moderators neil Posted April 4, 2023 Moderators Posted April 4, 2023 29 minutes ago, David said: 45 years old and hasn't fought in an MMA bout for almost nine years. You have to wonder what he's thinking? Probably "I'm skint" Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted April 4, 2023 Posted April 4, 2023 14 minutes ago, neil said: Probably "I'm skint" Most probably just for money like you say. I wonder if this is just the typical MMA fighter mid life crisis though. Whilst a normal bloke would just go buy a motorbike or an old arcade machine. Ex fighter hits the pads abit and thinks " I can still do this. I'm not that old. I bet I'm better than some of these young lads". It usually doesn't end well. Should have just bought that Streetfighter 2 arcade machine instead. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 4, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted April 4, 2023 3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: We’ll see about this one. I hope it actually happens this time but not holding my breath or anything. i'm still not holding my breath Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 4, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted April 4, 2023 3 hours ago, David said: 45 years old and hasn't fought in an MMA bout for almost nine years. You have to wonder what he's thinking? sounds like he's going in against a good fighter too, Togo is the UAW Warriors 170lb Champ. My lasting memory of the Sotiripoulous was that there was a brief moment in time where he became a bit of a fan favorite in the UFC, then the Smashes season of TUF (the most underrated season) happened and everyone realised he was a bit of a bellend. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 5, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2023 Yeah that fight was announced a while back but Anthony Smith vs Johnny Walker was supposed to headline that card. Smith vs Walker is still on as far as I know but it’s co-main now. Good call, I think. No-one wants to see 5 rounds of Johnny Walker. All we need is a mental 4 minutes which ends in either him scoring some mad KO and doing the Worm, or him getting sparked in the most cartoonish and hilarious way possible. Almeida vs Rozenstruik isn’t the strongest main event but it’s a bit of a step up for Almeida and it’ll be interesting to see how he approaches a 5 rounder if it goes that long. I don’t think it will but we’ll see. Quote
David Posted April 5, 2023 Posted April 5, 2023 I was wondering there if Rozenstruik had ever gone five frames, then I remembered he actually took Gane five rounds not that long ago! Lost a fairly obvious unanimous decision mind you, but still. I would be surprised if this goes five. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 5, 2023 Paid Members Posted April 5, 2023 Yeah and there was the Overeem fight which went ‘nearly 5’ and Rozenstruik got the stoppage in the dying seconds of a fight he was losing handily. ? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.