Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Not bad. Although there were rumours of Topuria vs Ortega not too long ago and I’d have preferred that. Also saw some talk of Topuria vs Korean Zombie but I’m glad that’s not happening. Zombie’s next fight is probably gonna be his last, we don’t need to see him sacrificed like that. 

14 minutes ago, neil said:

Probably "I'm skint"

Most probably just for money like you say. I wonder if this is just the typical MMA fighter mid life crisis though. Whilst a normal bloke would just go buy a motorbike or an old arcade machine. Ex fighter hits the pads abit and thinks " I can still do this. I'm not that old. I bet I'm better than some of these young lads". It usually doesn't end well. Should have just bought that Streetfighter 2 arcade machine instead.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, David said:

45 years old and hasn't fought in an MMA bout for almost nine years. You have to wonder what he's thinking?

sounds like he's going in against a good fighter too, Togo is the UAW Warriors 170lb Champ.

My lasting memory of the Sotiripoulous was that there was a brief moment in time where he became a bit of a fan favorite in the UFC, then the Smashes season of TUF (the most underrated season) happened and everyone realised he was a bit of a bellend.

• Paid Members

Yeah that fight was announced a while back but Anthony Smith vs Johnny Walker was supposed to headline that card. Smith vs Walker is still on as far as I know but it’s co-main now. Good call, I think. No-one wants to see 5 rounds of Johnny Walker. All we need is a mental 4 minutes which ends in either him scoring some mad KO and doing the Worm, or him getting sparked in the most cartoonish and hilarious way possible. Almeida vs Rozenstruik isn’t the strongest main event but it’s a bit of a step up for Almeida and it’ll be interesting to see how he approaches a 5 rounder if it goes that long. I don’t think it will but we’ll see. 

I was wondering there if Rozenstruik had ever gone five frames, then I remembered he actually took Gane five rounds not that long ago! Lost a fairly obvious unanimous decision mind you, but still. 

I would be surprised if this goes five.