Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Figgy has said he still hasn't been cleared by doctors

Yeah sounds like Dana jumped the gun on that.

12 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I thought he was moving up a weight after the Moreno fight?

He changed his tune on that recently. Don’t know why but I wish he’d just go to 135 now. As much as I’ve loved the Moreno fights, I’d much rather see him up at 135 vs Yan, Chito, Font and so on.

13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

the graphic has Moreno/Pantoja fight for the Bantamweight title, it’s flyweight right? 

Yeah that’s Flyweight.

All this is the least of our worries though. They’ve just announced ANOTHER HOLLY HOLM MAIN EVENT.

Absolutely fucking rancid.

21 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Ben Shalom doesn't come across as enough of a cutthroat bastard to swim with the sharks like Fast Car or Fish Eyes. He even looks like Mick Hennessy could outsmart him. 

He's come out today and done an interview with Sky Sports, tying himself in knots.

He doesn't know why purse bids were called in first place. (Clarke's management, asked the BBBoC to made him mandatory for the British title) Clarke himself also asked for the fight.

Shalom says, Clarke needs a 10 round fight before he fights for the British title. Wardley is the British champion and hasn't gone past 6 rounds!

What happens if Clarke knocks out the next opponent in 3 rounds. He still hasn't learnt  anything. Will there be another 10 rounder after that?

Shalom said they've been pushing for the Wardley fight and have made a huge offer to him.... Then they pulled Clarke out of the fight. Wardley said Boxxer have offered less than what he got for his previous fight

Boxxer are happy to work with other promoters on the fight, but has to be on our terms! I.e. on Sky Sports.

If boxers are good enough, especially good amateurs they should be able to go a full 12 rounds. Joe Joyce had a 12 round fight in his 4th fight. Lomachenko fought for a world title in his 2nd fight.

• Paid Members

Every time I see Ben Shalom or listen to him talk it just seems like he’s way out of his depth. I don’t know too much about him really and I’m probably wrong and being harsh but that’s the vibe he gives off to me. He always just comes across as someone who blagged their way through an interview for a job they’re not qualified for, got the job, and now he’s in the trenches he just wants to go home and have a little cry. For all their faults, Warren has been promoting fights since the Dead Sea was only sick and Hearn’s a crafty prick who grew up with a promoter Dad and learned all the tricks. And they thrive on competing and going to battle with each other and anyone else. Ben Shalom, from what I’ve seen, just doesn’t seem to have the stomach for that kind of stuff and comes across like he’d rather be everyone’s friend. He’s also dull as dirt to listen to. I know Frank and Eddie both have their critics, a lot of them, but they can talk a fight up and get their sound bites in. Shalom sometimes sounds like he’s being held hostage and forced to give interviews. Fair play to him for even doing what he’s done so far at a young age. And I’m sure he’s an OK guy. But compared to other promoters out there, and I’ve only mentioned the ‘big two’ in the UK, he’s the work experience boy.  

• Paid Members

Dana’s response to the Ngannou news…

IMG_2999.jpeg

Weird looking PPV that. Love Poirier vs Gaethje 2 but dusting off the BMF bollocks because they had no legitimate title fights for this card is hilarious to me. Dana desperately wanted to take the shine off the Ngannou stuff. Jan vs Pereira is interesting. 

He’s also confirmed that the August PPV in Boston will have Zhang Weili vs Amanda Lemos for the Strawweight strap as co-main. The main event will be…

IMG_3001.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Dunno what to make of the BMF title offically being atttached, suppose its just a gimmick. Bit weird to just bring it back randomly, guess they really do want titles attached to PPV main events.

As far as cards go though, it's top drawer.

Yes, that card looks fantastic. Maybe the biggest amount of crowd pleasers and names on a single card for a decade+? It's absolutely loaded. 

If Ferguson gets out struck by Smooth Bobby, then surely that should be the end for him?

On 5/10/2023 at 10:59 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah sounds like Dana jumped the gun on that.

I'd bet that around 40% of the announced fights this week from Dana either don't happen, or were never even agreed to in the first place. I think the UFC scrambled to put a lot of these together to try and shove Francis out of the media spotlight when he made his announcement.

When we see those announced fights start to fall away, or fighters claiming they don't know anything about them, it won't matter. The real intention of his announcements will have done the job he wanted.

• Paid Members

Is it real this time? Feels like this has been “in the works” or “verbally agreed” more than once. I saw stuff about this last night, it was all over social media. The fact none of us even bothered to post about it says it all about how little we believe in these announcements anymore. Hope it actually happens this time, obviously, but I’ll believe it when I see it.