Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Finally officially official. He’s fighting Kevin Holland at UFC 299 in March according to Dana at the 296 post-fight press conference just now. 

IMG_6771.png

Also confirmed for 299…

Song Yadong vs Petr Yan

Gilbert Burns vs Jack Della Maddalena 

Ian Garry vs Geoff Neal 

Shaping up to be some card that. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Fights confirmed overnight…

•Robert Whittaker vs Paulo Costa (UFC 298 - Feb 17)

•Yair Rodriguez vs Brian Ortega 2 (UFC Mexico City - Feb 24 - 5 round co-main under Moreno vs Albazi) 

•Erin Blanchfield vs Manon Fiorot (UFC Atlantic City - Mar 30 - presumably a title eliminator) 

And the first fights announced for UFC 300 on Apr 13…

•Jiri Prochazka vs Aleksandar Rakic 

•Calvin Kattar vs Aljamain Sterling (Aljo’s Featherweight debut)

•Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage 

That list of fights are genuinely five stars across the board, it feels like they are either going on a mad one with these cards running up to 300 and then UFC 300 Will be made into a untouchable super show to end all super shows or the crazy stacking were getting loads to it being slightly disappointing but I really don't think with a breath in Dana's body he's letting that happen.

He said at the post ppv press conference the opening fight on the fight pass prelims will be top of a main card worthy outing which would break the entire MMA community Christ we will all end up having a heart attack come the first main prelim fight 

Absolutely fucking insane honestly I'm really torn with this because of how much I love Francis. On one hand he originally went into that fight with Tyson and had the entire world saying he had no chance to get the opportunity to even throw a punch close to Tyson and only a mind boggling small amount was behind him and knew how dangerous he is.

Straight after that fight he is getting offered another truck load of money to go in once again with a former world champion and a massive figure in current top level boxing which feels so good he is getting the attention and respect he deserves.

But he said his next fight would be back in a cage and I wanted that so much too because we haven't seen MMA Francis for so so long now it is how this shit goes I know that but the original fanbase suffers and has to wait God knows how long to see him in the octagon again