Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

7 hours ago, WeeAl said:

That's a shock there. Even more surprising is it's at BW. How on earth Harrison makes Bantamweight, I don't know. 

Yeah that’s a massive cut for her! 

Didn’t think I’d ever see Holly Holm in a fight I actually wanted to watch but I’m interested in this one. The women’s division needs a bit more star power and adding Harrison certainly won’t hurt.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WeeAl said:

That's a shock there. Even more surprising is it's at BW. How on earth Harrison makes Bantamweight, I don't know. 

I think if it wasn’t already evident that they’ve finally decided to bin the Womens Featherweight ‘division’ (that only had about 3 women in it at any given time), this pretty much confirms it. Could also be partly that they wanna stack the odds in Holm’s favour by making Harrison go through a hellish cut to 135 so that she looks bad, Holm wins and then Dana can say ‘see, PFL’s shite, she couldn’t hang here’. I think it’s more the first reason and they’ve finally accepted they don’t have enough talent to justify a 145 division. But the UFC are petty enough to see this as an opportunity to score points.

It’s an interesting one. Although I’m not really expecting a very enjoyable fight out of it. Kind of weird how Holm was the one who derailed the Rousey reign. Now here we are nearly a decade later and she could ruin the debut of another Olympic medal winning judoka. This time a gold medalist. 

Saw Amanda Nunes did an interview at UFC 297 over the weekend and she left the door open for a return. She didn’t say she was definitely coming back but she didn’t rule it out either. Torn on that one because I think the last few years of her career indicated she was slowing down and she probably retired at the perfect time really. But on the other hand, the division in its current state is so terrible I can’t say I wouldn’t welcome a Nunes return. She must be looking at the Bantamweight landscape at the moment and being tempted to come back and just bank a few more easy paydays out of it. And as much as she’d cleaned out the division when she left, there’s still that Pena rubber match hanging there. Then depending how Harrison does, there’s a potential fresh fight for Nunes there. Even saw Cyborg tweeting that if Nunes is thinking of coming back, maybe she should return to the UFC for the rematch. Can’t see that one happening though. I’d happily watch Nunes vs Cyborg once a year over the turds we’re being served up now but between Dana hating her plus the fight having to be at 135, it’s just not gonna happen. 

• Paid Members

Also, she's not long been retired - if she were to come back now, I daresay there wouldn't have been enough time for the retirement to "set in" yet, and she could easily get back to form.

• Paid Members

Cracking fight that is. If you get past the silly expectations of some mega name from yesteryear returning, 300 is looking fantastic.

Zhang Weili vs Yan Xiaonan - Strawweight Title

Justin Gaethje vs Max Holloway - BMF Title

Charles Oliveira vs Arman Tsarukyan 

Jiri Prochazka vs Aleksandar Rakic 

Calvin Kattar vs Aljamain Sterling 

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Cody Garbrandt 

Holly Holm vs Kayla Harrison 

Sodiq Yusuff vs Diego Lopes

Bobby Green vs Jim Miller 

Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage 

And that’s without the main event even announced yet! How there’s people still complaining about this I don’t know. 

15 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Holly Holm vs Kayla Harrison

I fully expect Holm to win a snoozefest on points after stuffing some initial takedown attempts and then outpointing Harrison on the feet over three rounds,

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, David said:

I fully expect Holm to win a snoozefest on points after stuffing some initial takedown attempts and then outpointing Harrison on the feet over three rounds,

At least it's booked as a three rounder in that case @David

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Really? I see it the other way, Harrison riding out a 3 round decision on top of Holm.

Quoting myself, but should add *weight issues aside