Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

On 2/15/2024 at 8:42 PM, NeverYield said:

Agree with Steve Kim's sentiments on this, it's spoiled milk now, and it's Taylors fault. 

I think Taylor was always going to go after the Teofimo fight over a rematch with Catterall. Then injury played a part, didn't it? It'll be a good fight regardless. I think if Taylor comes in on form and back to how he usually is, he'll win it within eight rounds.

• Paid Members

That's a fight and a half. They would have both been 1a and 1b for DDP's first title defence too . . .does that mean they are going DDP/Strickland in a re-match instead?

17 hours ago, David said:

I think Taylor was always going to go after the Teofimo fight over a rematch with Catterall. Then injury played a part, didn't it? It'll be a good fight regardless. I think if Taylor comes in on form and back to how he usually is, he'll win it within eight rounds.

Yeah you're right there I had forgotten about that to be honest. 

Yeah it is definitely well within his skillset to do so. I'm staying with Catterall but I'm not set in stone on it, just favour him. 

Got to love the priorities in boxing.

Catterall actually grabbed Taylor by the neck at the press conference and has raised his hands three times in the build-up so far, which is fine. Taylor called Catterall a "fucking retard" it would seem, which was caught by microphones, and DAZN have said they'll "remind Josh Taylor of his responsibilities.”

You can do all sorts, but throwing a bad word is where the line is. 

• Paid Members

Not a fight announcement but I’ll throw this in here. The UFC coming back to the UK in July, and finally somewhere other than the O2 in London!

Gotta think Tom Aspinall is gonna be headlining this one. Bullshit that he’s gonna end up having to defend an interim title to allow for this Jones vs Stipe bollocks but it’s either that or put the career on hold and lose the momentum he’s been building. If he sits waiting for Jones/Stipe he could be waiting forever. 

Aspinall vs Gane or the Blaydes/Jailton winner? 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Not a fight announcement but I’ll throw this in here. The UFC coming back to the UK in July, and finally somewhere other than the O2 in London!

Gotta think Tom Aspinall is gonna be headlining this one. Bullshit that he’s gonna end up having to defend an interim title to allow for this Jones vs Stipe bollocks but it’s either that or put the career on hold and lose the momentum he’s been building. If he sits waiting for Jones/Stipe he could be waiting forever. 

Aspinall vs Gane or the Blaydes/Jailton winner? 

Strange that it's a fight night though if the plan might be to have the HW belt defended (maybe because it's an interim - but let's face it, he's going to be the real champ once Jones/Stipe is over with). Putting any type of title fight on top of a fight night card seems pretty strong and out of character these days for the UFC to do when they usually get by on much less.