Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I wonder if all sorts of plans got switched on the night because i'd imagine Gaethje would have got the nod if he'd won. Poirier may have 3rd in line.

• Paid Members

Maybe but when Dana initially announced Oliveira vs Tsarukyan he said it was a #1 contender fight. That lines up with why Tsarukyan was offered the title shot first. With him turning it down and Oliveira losing the only real options were Poirier or Holloway. And I think Holloway is gonna go back to 145 now so that just left Poirier. 

• Paid Members

Can't blame you wand. they are starting to put all their bigger fights on PPV now and they still cranked the price up. It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd announced the increase with an announcement that they were adding some top tier football or something, but nothing. Really poor, and judging by the reaction, it's backfired, a lot of people are leaving the platform.

• Paid Members

That could be two concussions in 3 months for Hill right there. Love that Rountree is getting the chance to jump to the top of the pile though. Would love to see him fight Jiri or Pereira. 

• Paid Members

Don’t know if Costa is 100% fucking about here (he usually is tbf) or if he genuinely found out about the Strickland fight when the rest of us did. Wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know though.

• Paid Members

FB_IMG_1713795683796.thumb.jpg.a5b041b0a42d1182d9e8f58d2ca0db6e.jpg

Interesting to see the PFL move fighters over to the Bellator side for fights, but any Doumbe fight in Paris is cool with me.

If you are wondering who Derek Anderson is, he's the guy whose nose MVP destroyed a few years back. He hasn't fought since.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Not a specific fight announcement but it’s been confirmed everywhere that UFC 304 will be in Manchester on July 27th.

On a bastard US time zone! Prelims start at 11pm, main card at 3am. And no doubt they’ll still whack it on Box Office. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I guess the positive is that they’ll have to bring a stronger card than the usual Fight Nights they do over here. And I usually enjoy the UK shows anyway, to be fair. Gotta be a double header with Tom Aspinall and Leon Edwards defending their belts, right?

I’m guessing it’s almost certainly gonna be Leon vs Belal 2, and maybe Aspinall vs Blaydes 2. I read the other day that Ciryl Gane was offered the Aspinall fight and turned it down again because he’s supposedly gonna be in some movie. I’ve found Gane quite likeable on the whole but his blatant ducking of Aspinall has been ridiculous. It’s gotta be at least 2 or 3 times now he’s rejected offers to fight Tom. The fact he was even being offered an interim title fight again, after going 0-2 in his last 2 shots and coming off one win over Spivac, was a bit much IMO. I hope Blaydes gets the fight. I think it’s a more interesting fight plus it’s unfinished business with how the first fight ended. 

I've just gone from stupid levels of excitement to absolute shock and disbelief. They admit we are long long overdue a major UFC ppv here in the UK, they finally move out of London and bring it to us in Manchester...... 

The top two fights will be Leon Edwards and Tommy fucking aspinall defending their belts on home soil......

But it's still happening at American start times meaning the main card will start at fucking 3 in the morning and won't finish and us fans leave the building for at least 6 in the morning on a fucking Sunday which is the worst day to travel. I truly can't understand this decision it won't impact sales not slightly but the city and now normal patrol with police and whatnot who are outside the arena after shows for obvious reasons post Saturday night logistically seems gigantic 

• Paid Members

It most likely won’t negatively impact sales here no, I fully expect this to sell out regardless. But it will have a positive impact on US sales being on PPV in a prime time slot over there. If they’d had this show on a Euro friendly time zone it’d mean an afternoon start time in the US and would’ve hurt the buys. So I get the decision from the UFC’s POV. It’s just shite as a fan that a UK card isn’t gonna be on at a decent time in the UK. Always the chance it has a negative effect on the crowd as well. No doubt a lot of them will be on the piss in the early evening and will be tanked up by 11 when the prelims start. By 3am when the main card kicks off, it’s probably safe to assume a fair percentage of the crowd is not gonna wanna do anything but either fight, vomit or sleep.