Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Oh, Sweet Christ! I got my wish. I’ve been banging on about wanting to see every combination of Yan vs Figgy vs Chito for months now and the matchmakers have finally came through with one.

Lovely stuff! I was kind of expecting Yan vs Chito first because they’d been going back and forth a bit on Twitter. But apparently Yan’s not gonna be back until Nov/Dec time. Could work out perfectly to have the winner of this against Yan at the end of the year. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, even in this promo poster, Diaz looks like he just doesn't want to be there. The haunted look of indentured servitude.

• Paid Members

Neither of them should be in there, truth be told. Nick’s obviously way past it now, he looked awful in his last comeback and that was 3 years ago now. But Luque’s also just a couple of fights removed from the brain haemorrhage and hasn’t looked right since. It’s such a weird fight. Especially the fact they’ve made it 5 rounds as co-main. 

This is the Abu Dhabi card by the way, which is gonna be headlined by Cory Sandhagen vs Umar Nurmagomedov. Two legit contenders at their physical peak, with the winner putting themselves firmly in the title race. That fight couldn’t be more polar opposite to this Luque vs Diaz mess. This is also the card that has Chito vs Figgy. Now that’s a fight that would’ve warranted 5 rounds yet it’s gonna slum it as a 3 rounder in the middle of the main card because Nick Diaz was a big name and a big deal 15 years ago.

• Paid Members

Yeah I’d rather he left it and never fought again but if he’s insisting, having Nick and Tony on the same card and not booking them against each other seems like a bit of a miss. At least those two are probably equally as shot as each other. Luque’s probably gonna destroy Diaz in depressing fashion. Despite my concerns about Luque, offensively I think he’s gonna be as dangerous as ever. And I think he’s just gonna be much quicker on the draw than a 41 year old Diaz who’s been inactive for 3 years. 

Yeah on paper this feels nostalgic nick and tony Ferguson on a card in actuality it's going to be sad and difficult to watch. I really can't believe there allowing Tony to fight anymore. 

He's not the big name and huge ticket draw anymore. He's still a name of course but he's on a what 8/9 fight losing streak jesus Dana even said at the press conference after his last fight he wanted Tony to retire and stop because he will get really hurt and continue to tarnish his legacy and doesn't need to. If he's not able to stop and say he's done himself his team and coaches absolutely should step in and tell him no more. Very sad every time he fights now 

• Paid Members

Some pure madness booking there really. It's like the Saudi Prince that wanted Yokozuna on the WWE show turned up and asked for Kimbo Slice, to be told well, we can't do that but what we can do is . . .