Dai Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 7 hours ago, Egg Shen said: Seen a quote recentlynfrom him saying he was willing to fight on the Contender Series to get back in the UFC With the level of quality you see sometimes on the Fight Nights, how can Lee not find a spot on the roster? If he says that, then surely he'd be willing to take a low payday, which I'm sure the UFC would be happy with too. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2024 I know I’m seen as the resident Kevin Lee hater on here by some (genuinely don’t hate the bloke!) but I don’t wanna see him back. Even with the barrel scraping talent level we see with much of the roster these days, I’ve just got zero interest in Lee coming back and even less than zero interest in the constant talk around him being this big ‘what if?’ and this elite fighter who fell off when he simply never was any more than an inconsistent fringe player. We already saw how his last reboot went when decision merchant Rinat managed to bulldoze him in a minute. We don’t need to keep seeing the repeats of that. I get what @Dai is saying in that, from the UFC’s perspective, you’d think they’d give him another shot. But he’s not gonna make a difference to PPVs and they don’t seem to care about the quality of a lot of their free TV fights these days so he offers nothing to them really at this point. Harsh as that sounds. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2024 Yeah, Marcel’s confirmed it. Now we can get excited! I love this, especially as a 5 round main event. Perfect. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 25, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 25, 2024 Gotta fancy Yan over 5 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 26, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 26, 2024 Few more fights for that card: Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 26, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 26, 2024 The full main card for the upcoming PFL PPV: Probably tanks but I like that card. Quote
Dai Posted September 27, 2024 Posted September 27, 2024 Various click bait stuff comes up on my news feed about this show, but judging from the headlines is it true they are charging more for this than a UFC PPV? Seems insane if true. Am super curious about the main event though. Quote
Zebra Kid Mark Posted September 27, 2024 Posted September 27, 2024 (edited) 22 hours ago, Egg Shen said: The full main card for the upcoming PFL PPV: Probably tanks but I like that card. I thought Eblen vs Edwards was main eventing their London card this weekend? EDIT: Im an idiot, that show happened 2 weeks ago and the fight never happened! Edited September 27, 2024 by Zebra Kid Mark Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 27, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted September 27, 2024 Yeah, they pulled the fight off the card and moved it to the PPV. I don't even think it was an injury, they simply moved it which is pretty shady after it was the announced main event of the Wembley show. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 27, 2024 Couple of recently cancelled fights rescheduled for UFC 310 in December. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 3, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted October 3, 2024 Jim Miller is aiming for 400. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted October 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 3, 2024 Lying little bastard got me all invested for his Road To 300 only to just carry on. To be fair he did back off on the retirement talk going into 300 but, still, after the beating he took off Bobby Green I was hoping he’d call it a day. Quote
Zebra Kid Mark Posted October 5, 2024 Posted October 5, 2024 On 9/26/2024 at 6:02 PM, Egg Shen said: The full main card for the upcoming PFL PPV: Probably tanks but I like that card. Why do they not push and promote AJ McKee more? A few years ago he was Bellator's biggest star in my opinion and it seemed the UFC really wanted him. He had one razor close loss to Pitbull and he has been curtain jerking and fighting in non title fights ever since. Why don't the UFC make a play for him? Why don't PFL promote him more? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 5, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted October 5, 2024 Yeah, it was a strange dropoff. Before the loss to Pitbull he was amongst the crossover talk, he was popping up at Showtime Boxing events and generally came across as one of those high-paid boxer types, it had a different feel to it for an MMA fighter. Maybe it was to do with Showtome? Them getting out of the game has made him lose that promotional push? Still, this is a high profile fight. I'm interested to see how the odds are for it. It's one of the best fights the PFL could have put on. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted October 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 5, 2024 Yeah that might actually be the fight I’m looking forward to most on that card. I’m more invested in the main event just because it’s Francis but McKee vs Hughes is one of the best fights outside the UFC all year for me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.