Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 7, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 7, 2025 This is a cracker... Quote
Gooner Posted January 9, 2025 Posted January 9, 2025 Berinchyk vs. Davis on paper is fantastic. I can't wait to watch it, been following Davis since I first saw him in amateur ranks, then the Olympics and through his pro career, he's been flawless so far in his professional career and I expect him to continue that in this fight. To think a week later we got the Beterbiev vs. Bivol 2 unification fight and rest of that bill which right now so long as no drop outs, look amazing from top to bottom, one of the best cards ever on paper. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 (edited) This guy’s usually reliable. Good fight if it actually ends up headlining the London card. Thought they’d go with Edwards vs Buckley or maybe Brady but I like this one better. There’s also a lot of talk at the moment that Diego Lopes vs Yair Rodriguez is gonna be on the Mexico card in March. Really weird timing for that because Lopes is only ranked behind Topuria, Volk and Holloway now. So it feels like a step backwards. But would be a stupidly entertaining fight if it happens. And they don’t really have a ton of other options for Diego at the moment because it looks like Topuria vs Volk 2 is next and Holloway’s off to 155 anyway. Diego was always either gonna have to fight down in the rankings or he’d have to sit and wait for the Topuria vs Volk rematch to play out. And Lopes doesn’t seem the type who’s happy to sit on the sidelines. Edited January 12, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 Marcel’s confirmed it. London headliner… Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 14, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 And these... Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Eggs Bennedict v Eubank Jr at Tottenham on the 26th of April. Confirmed by Turki and that's the main event. Games gone lads. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Hope Eubank smashes him to bits. Gone from genuinely rooting for Benn at the start of his career to finding him absolutely insufferable. The cheating, the constant big talk and shit chatting to a bunch of names then fighting none of them, the forced ‘I’m angry all the time I’m just like my dad I am’ bollocks. Him getting chinned by a Eubank of all people would please me no end. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 17, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 17, 2025 The full UK card has been announced. Standars fair really, but some really good fights across it. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 17, 2025 Wood vs Charriere and Kavanagh vs Dos Santos are the standouts for me there. Hoping both make the main card. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted January 18, 2025 Posted January 18, 2025 It feels slightly lacking in the sizable fighters or I dunno make it Pop and buzz, respectfully there coming from a ppv here back to fight night I don't know if it's just me but Leon has lost excitement and respectability standing after dropping the belt as one sided as he did only to go radio silent and getting nothing from him following has hurt and diminished where he was, can and will he get it back again feels questionable but let's hope it picks up passe Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 313 taking shape. Main and co-main here, and Gaethje vs Hooker is 5 rounds! Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted January 20, 2025 Posted January 20, 2025 What a fantastic pair of fights we got treated too during the main show even the commentators seemed surprised and unexpected but that's how you finish a big ppv card I'm all over those. Going with Alex and Justin respectively with Justin Vs hooker feeling like it could deliver a fight of the year consider me excited. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 Much needed addition to UFC London. Gunnar ‘I show up to work once every 3 years’ Nelson is back! Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 (edited) Such an odd story with Nelson. I remember him showing up when the McGregor/Kavanagh/SBG crew were riding high, and everyone was buying what SBG were selling as the next evolution in MMA. He was undefeated, and being touted as the next BJJ whizzkid - then, after losing to Rick Story, he got completely and utterly Dadded by Demian Maia. Now his record doesn't look quite so sparkling - he lost mostly to high-level operators, but his wins aren't necessarily strong ones. I loved Alan Jouban's style of fighting, but let's face it: he was fairly middle-of-the-pack. EDIT: I say that, but, checking Jouban's record, he does have a win over Belal, so not quite middle. Edited January 31, 2025 by Carbomb Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.