Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 25, 2025 I would actually look forward to that. I like Aldo, and I'm a fan of Zahabi. Aiemann's record isn't all that bad when you look at it. A blip of two losses, but a stretch of wins either side of those losses, and the guys he's beaten since getting back to winning ways, whilst not a Who's Who, aren't exactly scrubs. Only guy to beat Basharat. I really like Zahabi's style, it's very technical and clean. I think he'd be a good match-up for Aldo. Quote
Dai Posted February 25, 2025 Posted February 25, 2025 (edited) When Aldo re-signed for the UFC I only thought there was two types of fights for him; special attraction fights against big names or feed him to promising up and comers. They have somehow found a third and infinitely worse option for him, which is no name Fight Night Prelim fighters who are in their late 30s. The mind truly boggles. Edited February 25, 2025 by Dai Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 25, 2025 Yeah it’s nothing even against Zahabi. I quite like him myself. But fights like this just feel like a massive waste of the limited time Aldo’s got left in the sport. He’s one of the all time greats and they seem determined to squander his last few fights. The Cruz fight is out the window now anyway with him retiring but there are still so many better options than the route they’ve been going down. Like you say, it’s not even like there’s a lot of upside in a 37 year old Zahabi. I wouldn’t have been necessarily against this one if it was Aldo’s first fight back in the UFC or something but this bring the third one of these types of fights for him in a row just feels really underwhelming. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 25, 2025 True, Zahabi as a choice in himself is mystifying. His career in general is mystifying. He's clearly good, but has spent so little time fighting, and now his run may be coming too late - he's too good to be cannon fodder to Aldo, he's too old for Aldo to be a stepping stone, and he's not enough of an attraction to make one of Aldo's last fights a must-see. Only thing we can hope for is a good fight; with these guys' skills, that at least has a chance of happening. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 6, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 6, 2025 First proper Dirty Boxing show announced for 3 weeks time. Yoel Romero about to do some serious damage to my boy Ras Hylton. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 6, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 6, 2025 Ridiculous what we are getting these days Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 7, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 It’s no Taylor vs Serrano 3 but this’ll do. Enjoyed the first fight a lot more than I thought I would. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 13, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 Out of leftfield... Love that theyve brought back Stephens. He's coming back with his status higher than it was when he left, and he was basically at journeyman level. Some resurgence, favourable stylewise matchup too. Excellent stuff. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 That's crazy. I thought he was about to retire; going down the BK route usually means you're picking up cash on your way out. Just checked his record - he's got one win in his last nine matches! Good that he's getting a payday, but I have to admit I don't understand the thinking in bringing him back, even if it is intended to just feed him to Jones. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 That card’s looking good. Sandhagen vs Figgy main event, Jeremy Stephens vs Mason Jones and this was also announced, probably the most intriguing clash of BJJ vs Wrestling since Demian Maia vs Ben Askren… Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 13, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 6 hours ago, Carbomb said: I have to admit I don't understand the thinking in bringing him back, even if it is intended to just feed him to Jones. Card is in Des Moines, Stephens hometown. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2025 1 minute ago, Egg Shen said: Card is in Des Moines, Stephens hometown. I see. Guessing it's a retirement match then. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 27, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 27, 2025 These are the supposed full cards for the first 2 GFL shows. I still can't see these happening, but if they do i'm gonna have to tune in. Some complete randomness here. Quote
Dai Posted March 27, 2025 Posted March 27, 2025 That May 24th show has 15 fights, 14 of which have at least one well known 'name'. Seems utter insanity from a business point of view, and surely cant go ahead. I assume a shit tonne of fighters will start dropping out closer to the fight when the money (which I assume all the smart ones will ask for up front) doesnt hit their bank account. A show like this is physically impossible to make money from, which begs the question who is behind it and why. Quote
TibBo Posted March 27, 2025 Posted March 27, 2025 For anyone that can’t be bothered to look on twitter: May 24th Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao Anthony Pettis vs. Benson Henderson Holly Holm vs. Julia Budd Chad Mendes vs. Maike Linhares Derek Brunson vs. Omari Akhmedov Sage Northcutt vs. Lucas Martins Marlon Moraes vs. Ray Borg Aspen Ladd vs. Alejandra Lara Robelis Despaigne vs. Todd Duffee Cat Zingano vs. Alexa Conners Neiman Gracie vs. Danny Roberts Jessica Penne vs. Joice Mara Charles Rosa vs. Khumoyun Tukhtamuradov Marisa Messer-Belenchia vs. Kelly Staddon Gleison Tibau vs. Alex Oliveira May 25th Tony Ferguson vs. Dillon Danis OSP vs. Alexander Gustafsson Uriah Hall vs. Douglas Lima Paige VanZant vs. Randi Field Louis Glismann vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Viviane Pereira Alan Belcher vs. Stuart Austin Thiago Santos vs. Devin Clark Lorenz Larkin vs. Carlos Petruzzella Jimmie Rivera vs. Cameron Else Natasha Kuziutina vs. Jessica Aguilar Phil Hawes vs. Grant Neal Kai Kamaka III vs. Mike Grundy Da Woon Jung vs. Ronny Markes Miao Ding vs. Josefine Knutsson Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.