Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I should’ve been more glass half full. I almost called it to a tee but my pessimism got the better of me ?

On 11/27/2024 at 3:19 PM, wandshogun09 said:

That 311 card is shaping up nicely. Jiri vs Hill, Jailton vs Spivac plus you’ve got Payton Talbott and Rinya Nakamura on the undercard. Makhachev vs Tsarukyan 2 is the rumoured headliner for that card. I was hoping Merab vs Umar might get whacked on there as the co-main but it seems like Merab’s pushing for anyone but Umar so I doubt we see that anytime soon. 

 

Edited by wandshogun09
  • Paid Members
Posted

What have Darren Till and the Lowenbrau beer company during 1939 have in common? They're both fascist bottlers.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

But Tommy Fury is the one that pulled out

Yeh, but I hate Till.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Even when it was announced it always had the feel of a fight that had a good chance of not actually happening. Can’t say I’m arsed at all. Nothing of value was lost with this cancellation. 

Posted

jesus christ what a absolute joke he is. does he not know till at all and what he says and does on the mic, added to that the attack that his dad instigated what a total weapon 

  • Paid Members
Posted

312 main and co-main in Sydney…

IMG-0144.jpg

IMG-0145.jpg

Ugh. Zhang vs Suarez is a good fight. If it actually ends up happening. Hopefully Suarez makes it to fight night but I’m always sceptical. DDP vs Strickland 2 can piss off though. Should’ve been DDP vs Khamzat. Only thing I’m looking forward to about that one is the possibility of DDP winding him up in the buildup again. The fight itself is doing sod all for me. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Robocop gets his first headliner…

They’ve also announced a few fights for the London card in March;

Jan Blachowicz vs Carlos Ulberg 

Marcin Tybura vs Mick Parkin 

Molly McCann vs Istela Nunes 

Alonzo Menifield vs Oumar Sy

Christian Leroy Duncan vs Andrey Pulyaev

Shauna Bannon vs Puja Tomar 

Nothing amazing there. Nice to see Blachowicz back and Tybura is a big step up for Parkin. Beyond that, I’m not too fussed with it so far. Wonder what the main event will end up being? Seen Arnold Allen is calling for the headline spot and he wants Yair Rodriguez. That would be a good fight. Leon Edwards has said he’s headlining though and that makes the most sense. Seen talk of Edwards vs Ian Garry but I don’t know, can’t see it myself. Not yet. Thought maybe Edwards vs Jack Della Maddalena but I reckon they’ll keep JDM for the Sydney card in Feb. Who does that leave? Sean Brady? Gilbert Burns? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Standard UK undercard fair so far.

As for Edwards, perhaps a quick turn around for Buckley if he whoops Covington. I don't see Colby turning around that quick even off a clean win.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Topuria’s brother is making his UFC debut on the Australia card in February…

Looked him up and he’s slightly older than Ilia at 28 and he’s 5-1 so far but those fights have been spread out with lengthy gaps in between. All 5 wins came by KO/TKO or submission in the first round. The lone defeat was a TKO loss in the 4th round in a fight back in 2015. He’s won 3 fights since but has barely been active and his last fight was May 2023. Clearly this is a favour to Ilia but we’ll see how he looks. Never seen him fight but just going off his record and all the inactivity, it does have the feel that this is gonna be one of those brother combinations where there’s a gulf in skills, commitment and/or success between them. Seems like he’s just jumping on the opportunity to make a few paycheques off the back of his brother’s success but time will tell, I guess. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Decent couple of fights. Although I was hoping Aldo would be matched up with either Cejudo or Cruz. So that’s that buggered. It’s gonna be Aldo vs Cody Stamann or something equally baffling isn’t it? Genuinely wish Aldo never bothered coming back if they’re just gonna waste what’s left of his career. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...