Wrestlers you never knew worked the indies?

JohnKringler

• Paid Members

if you were around at the time you'll probably remember it, but Eddie Guerrero was fired from the WWE in 2001 and ended up working all sorts of dirty indies in the 2 years before he ended up back there.

Here's Guerrero wrestling CM Punk & an unmasked pre-WWE Rey Mysterio in a Triple Threat match in IWA Mid South. Crazy to look back at such a dream match scenario take place in such rotten surroundings (no pun intended)

Edited by Egg Shen

23 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

if you were around at the time you'll probably remember it, but Eddie Guerrero was fired from the WWE in 2001 and ended up working all sorts of dirty indies in the 2 years before he ended up back here.

Eddie turned up in the UK for that Revival show on Bravo in 2002 as well.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

That reminds me of when Jeff Hardy had a singles match there in the short time between WWE and the first TNA run, the fans relentlessly booed and took the piss out of him. I think he took a huge chunk of time off after the match.

Think he got the dreaded "don't come back" chant. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Eddie turned up in the UK for that Revival show on Bravo in 2002 as well.

Brian Christopher tried to talk him into getting back on the pills during that show, if the sleaze thread is to be believed. 

I also never knew Newman from Seinfeld was over for that show too. 

IMG_20210831_181530.png

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Brian Christopher tried to talk him into getting back on the pills during that show, if the sleaze thread is to be believed. 

I also never knew Newman from Seinfeld was over for that show too. 

IMG_20210831_181530.png

Honestly thought it was Pat from It’s PatC6831B8E-5B36-446A-9249-4E395E79C730.jpeg.a9fffc8b57e7531b121a0aeea7bfe925.jpegNever knew Batista was at the Power Plant and they said he wouldn’t make it. But prior to his WWE run, he was wrestling and training with WxWimage.jpeg.b51b0dadc565a1ae95b6601ac3cc0606.jpeg