The Light Hearted and General Confessions Thread

Steve Justice

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The most middle class post I'll ever make I reckon.

A half baked confession, but my karate club for a little while used the hall of the local bowls club and I got quite friendly with the bloke who ran it. He offered me to come along and play, an idea which I genuinely love but I'm mid thirties and I'm not sure I can get away with it. I even thought about kidnapping my 73 year old father in law. Still considering it to be honest. Bowls is awesome. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I think wearing pyjamas outside your home for anything but a very late night trip to the supermarket is veering very close to "giving up on life" territory. Just wear a fucking t-shirt and jeans you dosser, it's not like society is forcing you to wear a corset.

No.

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Just be thankful he doesn't sleep in the nude...

I do.

1 minute ago, Joe Blog said:

Hang on, so you sleep naked and then put pyjamas on when you get out of bed? Is it not easier to just put a pair of casual shorts and a t-shirt thus avoiding the stigma that accompanies going out in pyjamas.  

They're a lot more comfortable than normal shorts. Lighter material and not as snug. 

I guess pyjamas is probably the wrong term if I don't wear them to bed (although I do occasionally). I suppose they're more 'loungewear'. 

Whenever I holiday in Paris (on my own because I'm a loser) I'll spend a day just watching people playing French bowls in the park and dream about doing that in my retirement. 

I also spend most evenings going to a jazz club which I figure fits this thread. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So where exactly are you drawing the line?  What occasions do you deem worthy of wearing regular clothes?

Clearly wasn’t the wedding in Stockport I went to last weekend. Some guy turned up in shorts, a white polo shirt, and trainers.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I'll spend a day just watching people playing French bowls in the park and dream about doing that in my retirement. 

I love a bit of petanque!

When I lived in Jersey, there were a few public petanque courts (is that even the right word? Who knows?), one was in a park I walked through on my home from town, the other was in a public square next to a couple of pubs I liked, so spent a fair bit of time watching people play, and had a go myself from time to time (I'm awful at it). A surprising number of people in their 20s and 30s used to play it on lunch breaks and whatnot, but the proper serious games were always between oldies.

I've given some thought to trying to start a university team once things get back to normal. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Wearing pyjamas at all is something worth confessing

I always sleep naked, it's far more comfortable for me.

That said I can't speak for what the person sat next to me on the plane feels.

• Paid Members

Surely, the UKFF thing to do would be to combine bowls with pyjamas and make some kind of bedtime related game. Perhaps with a vaccination and a Maccies at half time. (Bowls probably doesn't have half time, I'm well aware).