The Light Hearted and General Confessions Thread

Steve Justice

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Clearly wasn’t the wedding in Stockport I went to last weekend. Some guy turned up in shorts, a white polo shirt, and trainers.

I went to a wedding in Israel once, there was about 500 people there and other than the groom I was the only one in a suit. Every other bloke was in shorts, t-shirt and trainers. Loads of the people there thought I was some kind of government official, it was fucking weird.

47 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So where exactly are you drawing the line?  What occasions do you deem worthy of wearing regular clothes?

You seem very offended by my wearing pyjamas/loungewear. 

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

People tend to show solidarity with you not by standing with you, but by sitting facing the wrong way. 

Bored GIF

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Clearly wasn’t the wedding in Stockport I went to last weekend. Some guy turned up in shorts, a white polo shirt, and trainers.

Sorry about that.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

You seem very offended by my wearing pyjamas/loungewear. 

Kinda weird thing to say. Nope, not offended at all. I don't tend to get offended by the fashion choices of complete strangers that I will never meet in person. Just curious and bored at work.

Edited by LaGoosh

8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Kinda weird thing to say. Nope, not offended at all. I don't tend to get offended by the fashion choices of complete strangers that I will never meet in person. Just curious and bored at work.

[Quote]Just wear a fucking t-shirt and jeans you dosser[\Quote]

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

[Quote]Just wear a fucking t-shirt and jeans you dosser[\Quote]

Not sure how that's evidence I was very offended. But I think if you're going to start wearing PJ's outdoors instead of normal clothes you might want to get used to the idea that other people think it's a bit weird and lazy. But my original post genuinely wasn't meant to be taken too seriously...

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I love a bit of petanque!

When I lived in Jersey, there were a few public petanque courts (is that even the right word? Who knows?), one was in a park I walked through on my home from town, the other was in a public square next to a couple of pubs I liked, so spent a fair bit of time watching people play, and had a go myself from time to time (I'm awful at it). A surprising number of people in their 20s and 30s used to play it on lunch breaks and whatnot, but the proper serious games were always between oldies.

I've given some thought to trying to start a university team once things get back to normal. 

If you like petanque, you should go to Cleaver Square in Kennington - shouldn't be far from you in Sahf Lahndan. A nice, picturesque place, and they have a petanque pitch there with regular games. There's also a pub that supplies equipment (nothing for you, Out of Context thread), or at least did when I was last there, which was about four years ago.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Balls. Was hoping for the other gif to be honest. Bang the same drum. 

Not too hard though in case you break it.