The Light Hearted and General Confessions Thread

Steve Justice

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Bowls is ace. Take it up.

It's fun, for sure. There's a crown bowling green in the park opposite my house, but I think they're a bit sniffy on membership.

• Paid Members

I'm a member of the bowls association because my mum's got a green. I used to get invited on all the bowls team outings. One time we had a tournament and i actually managed to almost beat one of them. I'm really inconsistent at sport in general. Sometimes I'll play really well against capable opposition, and other times I'm dreadful.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Sometimes I'll play really well against capable opposition, and other times I'm dreadful.

You're the Manchester United of bowls, in other words.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm the Manchester United of most sports I play. 

I’m the Spurs of most sports I play. Admired by some, ridiculed by most, think I’m decent but never win anything.

• Paid Members

I'm the Rushden & Diamonds of sports. Was decent in the early years, showing some promise, but leagues below anybody really good, then completely collapsed and nobody ever saw me again.

Edited by Carbomb

When I was in year 6 I invented a handshake for Santa and I (an elf) to do in the Christmas concert, and it instantly made me the most popular kid in school for a few weeks. I had kids of all ages coming up to me asking me to teach them the handshake, and people were doing it all over the school yard.

Truth is I nicked it from some obscure kids TV show I saw a few weeks before.