The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

They’ll just have to all keep and wash (at their discretion) their own shirt. Can’t wait to see half of them covered in holes, the other half smelling like Vader.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

With Nike, Three and now Hyundai all backing out, I assumed they wouldn’t be able to wear their current kit which has the logos of all three of those companies on them.

Nike haven't backed out have they? Last I saw was them confirming that they wouldn't.

Anyway, I came here to post that Kai Havertz' deadpan serious suggestions that his justification for elbowing Dan Burn in the head is because Burn is "7...8 foot tall" (and therefore he had to jump extra high which involves using your arms) is Hogan level brilliance.

My sources tell me they’re considering a more green approach by rebuilding it in Surrey so fans have less distance to travel for home games. 

Isnt the South Stand the problem. They can’t expand it due to the houses. You don’t want it looking like Lansdowne Road. 

I hope they don’t relocate. There is something heartwarming about the biggest club in the country having their ground surrounded by terraced housing. Hopefully it won’t be another soulless identikit stadium on the edge of the city. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

There is something heartwarming about the biggest club in the country having their ground surrounded by terraced housing.

Didn't realise The Molineux had that much housing next to it. 

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:
Isnt the South Stand the problem. They can’t expand it due to the houses. You don’t want it looking like Lansdowne Road. 

The biggest issue is the railway line which runs parallel with the current boundary of the South Stand. It would cost a fortune to put foundations around the track and work would only be able to be carried out when the line isn't active so it would take years to complete.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Didn't realise The Molineux had that much housing next to it. 

Joke aside, I drive past Molineux on the way to my mums town and it’s funny the way it’s sat on the side of a busy main road like a big Tesco.

• Paid Members

I used to follow Reading away occasionally and the one ground that sticks out for me was QPR which is literally in the middle of a housing estate, and the walkway to the away stand is between two houses

02EFB6C5-A37A-443E-B3B5-2CE5523BA7F5.thumb.jpeg.411a95cc60d96b0f6aa6be79bb6f758c.jpeg

It seemed odd to me as I was used to the Madejski, which isn’t close to anything, but I guess most city clubs have a similar set up to QPR

Edited by waters44

• Paid Members

I remember as a kid going to Loftus Road, and being struck the oddness of a football stadium's entrance being nestled amongst houses. Fairly sure Highbury had something similar, though not quite as tucked away.