Jump to content

The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Presumably if they were just allowed to reschedule the other clubs who have had players missing through covid over the last year or so would all be livid. 

Hell, if we’re revisiting how things have been handled all this time, I’m holding onto hope the 19-20 season can still be rendered null and void.

  • Paid Members
Posted
40 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Will they get hit with a points deduction or whatever if they do call it off? They probably should cancel it, but I don't know what the repercussions are. Presumably if they were just allowed to reschedule the other clubs who have had players missing through covid over the last year or so would all be livid. 

Let's not forget, Spurs received a bye in the Carabao Cup because Leyton Orient had a Covid breakout and couldn't fulfil their fixture. I say Spurs should be docked 20pts in the Premier League, regardless of the fact that it has nothing to do with a UEFA fixture. It's the fairest outcome imho.

  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Will they get hit with a points deduction or whatever if they do call it off? They probably should cancel it, but I don't know what the repercussions are. Presumably if they were just allowed to reschedule the other clubs who have had players missing through covid over the last year or so would all be livid. 

It has been cancelled, and I think UEFA will award the game to Rennes, which is fair enough. They're already kicking off about it, standard French behaviour. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Let's not forget, Spurs received a bye in the Carabao Cup because Leyton Orient had a Covid breakout and couldn't fulfil their fixture. I say Spurs should be docked 20pts in the Premier League, regardless of the fact that it has nothing to do with a UEFA fixture. It's the fairest outcome imho.

What would be funny is that if that happened, and we still finished above Arsenal, I reckon they should probably disband the club, for the greater good.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

If you win the UEFA Conference League, you win a Group Place in the Europa League the next season. What's the point? If you've finished already in a higher league position, you win absolutely he-haw.

Edited by bAzTNM#1
Posted
1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

If you win the UEFA Conference League, you win a Group Place in the Europa League the next season. What's the point? If you've finished already in a higher league position, you win absolutely he-haw.

Teams and players should want to win trophies whether there is a champions league spot or not. 

I wonder how teams from bigger leagues will approach it but I look at Spurs and how they haven't won anything in donkies, surely their fans should want the team to win this (although I think they will get knocked out as a 3nil loss could be given for the last match). 

  • Paid Members
Posted
42 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I wonder how teams from bigger leagues will approach it but I look at Spurs and how they haven't won anything in donkies, surely their fans should want the team to win this (although I think they will get knocked out as a 3nil loss could be given for the last match). 

It should be given as that too. What were they thinking leaving an announcement like that so late?

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

(although I think they will get knocked out as a 3nil loss could be given for the last match). 

This would be the fair thing to do, but Rennes can fuck off. 

What did they want Spurs to do, play them full of positive Covid cases and lick their faces?

They're making a proper song and dance about it. 

Posted
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This would be the fair thing to do, but Rennes can fuck off. 

What did they want Spurs to do, play them full of positive Covid cases and lick their faces?

They're making a proper song and dance about it. 

Just play the teenagers no? Liverpool did it when the first team were over in South America and we had a league cup game with Villa. Obviously our game didn’t have the deadly pandemic caveat but the Spurs one is just a third tier European game, can’t go any worse than the last one they played.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I used to consider Norwich fans up there among the best I’ve encountered (after Palace) but having seen that photo doing the rounds of them taking a photo of Ronaldo celebrating a goal against them…. the games gone, Clive.

  • Paid Members
Posted

A fair chunk of those in that photo would be United fans, I suspect. I sit in that stand & there's always a fair chunk of undercover away fans, particularly down the front there which isn't popular season ticket territory as you get rained on.

Posted

Maybe they just look like Norwich fans because they’re wearing their protest gear. Saying that they’ve won a couple on the bounce so probably not.

  • Members
Posted

Great game, despite Spurs having more trouble finishing than me on Sertraline. 

Robertson's was a red, but so was Kanes as well. Penalties as well? Yeah probably. 

"A real booster dare I say" Just retire Tyler you bitch. 

Sessegnon did a fantastic job keeping Salah quiet. I hope that's him properly turning up now.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...