Jump to content

The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

Me and another Spurs supporting mate are convinced that Martin Chivers appears at these things (always at The 100 Club on Tottenham Court Road) 300 times a year.

Whenever one of us sees him at WHL, we'll text the other "They've wheeled out Chivs again, the poor bastard" 

I can't think of anything worse than listening to sad old bastards get nostalgic about the past. I get that from On Topic...waheeeeeeeeeeey. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I can't think of anything worse than listening to sad old bastards get nostalgic about the past

Apart from Greavsie. I went to one of his evening functions years ago and it was hilarious and interesting in equal measure. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah nonsense they can be great evenings with right people. I've been to a fair few  Villa's 82 European cup winning team I think 8 of them were there was awesome for me. But the best was a evening with Barry Fry just a Hillairious Character the type you don't see in football anymore. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Imagine sharing the same banter level as Jeremy Clarkson? Would make you a right Tory, I reckon.

unnamed.gif.3587a3e14a84a48dede162e2e1a1940b.gif

Edited by Devon Malcolm
Posted
19 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

You mean your Tweet dropped two minutes before his.

Maybe that’s why his tweet was after mine, his got damaged when he first posted it, giving me the advantage. 

Posted

A sad day for Coventry City fans. John Sillett has died. Old Snoz was the “Good cop” to George Curtis’s “Bad cop” when they co managed us to our highest league position and of course the FA Cup win. Although poor old Greg Downs might disagree as he was the whipping boy for the half time team talks when things were going shit. His family released this statement. I’ve been enjoying the tributes to him on social media today. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

A sad day for Coventry City fans. John Sillett has died. Old Snoz was the “Good cop” to George Curtis’s “Bad cop” when they co managed us to our highest league position and of course the FA Cup win. Although poor old Greg Downs might disagree as he was the whipping boy for the half time team talks when things were going shit. His family released this statement. I’ve been enjoying the tributes to him on social media today. 

 

It's been really good to see the tributes to him today. I wasn't at the Hereford game tonight but I think I read they did a minutes silence for him which is great if so.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...